Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Cowboy06
  • 1 Post By GWH
  • 2 Post By mick

Thread: 338 edge std neck size or bushing die

338 edge std neck size or bushing die

So new to neck sizing and just wanted to know your thoughts on std neck sizing or using the bushing dies. Pros cons. Or do you just full length the 338 edge.

The bushing dies allow you to use more or less neck tension and allow for different Thickness brass neck wall. Don’t think the Redding’s bump the shoulder but the Forster do. STD neck sizers are usually std spec so will work for everything. Only neck size brass shot through your rifle. Usually full size after about 4 firings or if the bolt is getting harder to close on a round.
    josh86 likes this.

GWH
    I've never reloaded 338E but reload for several other cartridges with a variety of different dies.

I would try to get a full length die that has a bush for the neck.

Most precision target shooters are now using this type of die as opposed to simply neck sizing only. As you end up with far more consistency compared to neck sizing and then having to FL/shoulder bump when they get hard to chamber.
    josh86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    I've never reloaded 338E but reload for several other cartridges with a variety of different dies.

I would try to get a full length die that has a bush for the neck.

Most precision target shooters are now using this type of die as opposed to simply neck sizing only. As you end up with far more consistency compared to neck sizing and then having to FL/shoulder bump when they get hard to chamber.
    Yep, yep and yep
    GWH and josh86 like this.