Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: 6.5 v 7mm

I love my 6.5 and I've had a few, not as many as @buzzman though.
    I just shot a big red hind not at really long range 320M but in one side of the lower chest and out the other.
    The 143 eldx left a massive blood trail, I've often thought about a 6.5 PRC but when my Creedmoor is doing 2811fps with the ELDX I don't really need one.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

6.5 v 7mm

Really starting to like my 6.5PRC. It’s so easy to shoot it’s not funny. Two deer from two shots in the weekend, 380 and 440m respectively. Shot at a third which was a touch over 500m, but dialled in one MOA shy and shot under it. Bit of pressure right on dark with deer running in all directions. Bullet hole in the grass bank the next morning confirmed my mistake. Had 5 kids and 3 adults frantically telling me what to do mind you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Ran the numbers at the moderate velocities I would load for the PRC and 284. At 700 yards (which is as far as I would ever shoot in perfect conditions) the PRC is about 200fps and 200 foot pounds ahead with pretty much identical recoil. I suspect the extra velocity trumps the 17% smaller hole at that distance so the PRC is on top. The extra barrel life of the 284 is really important to me and I'm terrified of the wife anyway, so 284 it is.
    Moa Hunter, Micky Duck and Mathias like this.

.284 is my favourite too.
    The member formally known as Spitfire

Been meaning to get a 6.5, but just bought a .30-06. Guess it will do the job on sambar and fallow here and everything in NZ when I’m done in Aus.
    The member formally known as Spitfire

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3846518924

How quick will these go? Looks like a pretty sweet deal.