Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beetroot

Thread: 6.5mm .264 156gr Berger EOL Hunter - Projectile query

6.5mm .264 156gr Berger EOL Hunter - Projectile query

Hi there, was keen to find out if anyone has had a fiddle with these buggers in a 6.5X55 swede?
    The BC's look inciting, but can the old girl squirt them out fast enough?

Cheers

Haven’t used them in 6.5x55 but I use them in my 6.5 prc. Not long switched over to the from eldx but BC seems to be fairly spot on and terminal performance has been great at long range. Haven’t poked one in to anything up close yet. I’m running them about bang on 2800fps in a 1:8 twist.

Cheers

Same here never used in x55 but they wrecked shit at 3080 at long range so I’m sure they will be sweet as I’d be more inclined to go lighter though 130-140vld

Cheers, yeah I usually use the EDL-X as well. Have a stockpile of a few hundred EDL-M too. A wee bit hesitant to give them a whirl as the internet is full of content stating they don't perform well on animals. Have about seventy 127 gr LRX which I really should work into a load too. So much reloading to do, but I was really keen to hear how people got on with the heavier projectiles.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBait View Post
    Cheers, yeah I usually use the EDL-X as well. Have a stockpile of a few hundred EDL-M too. A wee bit hesitant to give them a whirl as the internet is full of content stating they don't perform well on animals. Have about seventy 127 gr LRX which I really should work into a load too. So much reloading to do, but I was really keen to hear how people got on with the heavier projectiles.

Cheers
    Berger in 243 [95gr] just pencil thru deer. They are going the same way as our old Lightforce spottie.

Not the same but a comparison point.
    My 6.5CM with a pretty safe load of 2209 is doing 2680 with 147 eldms. I'd imagine 156s in the 6.5x55 should be able to get near 2700 with the additional case capacity.

If you start playing with different powders (RL26, superformance, staball6.5) then 2700 would be easy.
    WhiteBait likes this.