Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 7mm 150 ELD X in 7mm 08

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    That's pretty good. I tried 145 ELDX in my 270 wsm over the weekend, and they seem to be a very accurate bullet (3130fps). I will be keen to see how they perform on deer for you (and me).

My first three shots with eldx with an untried load and length:

Attachment 91984
    Nice!

Your results replicate my limited experience loading with the ELDx. They just seem to shoot with little mucking around!

I haven’t shot anything with this rifle yet but I have switched to 162 ELDx in my 280AI after running out of the old AMAX. I’ve only shot 2 red stags, a young Tahr and a decent buck Chamois with the ELDx so hardly enough to draw any conclusions regarding performance another than to say they have worked. I think the moderate velocity (only 2850fps) helps. I used to use an accubond (first round in the mag) for shots under 200m but ran out of them and haven’t bothered loading anymore so I’ve been using the ELDx for the closer shots as well. It will be interesting to see how the 150’s go at what I assume will be around the 2650ish fps mark.
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden C View Post
    Nice!

Your results replicate my limited experience loading with the ELDx. They just seem to shoot with little mucking around!

I haven’t shot anything with this rifle yet but I have switched to 162 ELDx in my 280AI after running out of the old AMAX. I’ve only shot 2 red stags, a young Tahr and a decent buck Chamois with the ELDx so hardly enough to draw any conclusions regarding performance another than to say they have worked. I think the moderate velocity (only 2850fps) helps. I used to use an accubond (first round in the mag) for shots under 200m but ran out of them and haven’t bothered loading anymore so I’ve been using the ELDx for the closer shots as well. It will be interesting to see how the 150’s go at what I assume will be around the 2650ish fps mark.
    Sounds like you are doing well Hayden. That's a few pics and stories we haven't seen on here yet ?

Yes, not much of a story teller I’m afraid……

I guess I’d better contribute something to the magazine section here given the helpful advice from members on this thread. Maybe a tale of Big Bertha's greatest hits….and a few misses could be in order.
    Tahr and Mooseman like this.