Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 7mm RM

Yep good point. I don't know how to test or calibrate a chrony anyway so testing the old fashion way sounds like a plan
    Gibo likes this.

I reckon you can't beat shooting a group at range say 350-500 onto a big target (so it catches your drop) without dialling after making sure zero is right. Then go from there.
    BRADS likes this.

I usually use the chrony as a starting point. It gives me a rough guide as to what to dial when I shoot some groups to validate drop at 3,4,500 yards etc. At which point I alter data to suit. Seems to work pretty well.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    For a hijack the speeds I'm getting in my 7mmRemMag out of a Tikka 24.2"
    Norma brass (first fire)
    162 amax to fit the mag
    CCI mag primer
    And 2217 as per below loads

70 grains

Error

Do those speeds seem a bit low? The accuracy was 0.5" if I had not pulled 2 of the shots (break coming this week) worth changing primer or powders? Or should I not GAF about 100fps
    Just what I shoot,
    Tikka T3 lite, my hunting rifle, federal 215m primer, ADI2217 @69.5gn, 162gn Amax @ average 2840ft/s seated at 2.680" ogive(mag length). This load is my 1/2" or better if I do my part used only for hunting, could be faster but it is enough for me to shoot out to 500 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by HartHunter2 View Post
    ..... I was just wondering if anyone had a rough idea what speeds might be? I'm thinking around that 2750-2850fps
    A good estimate. QuickLOAD predicts very close to 2800ft/sec from the Finnlite's 620mm barrel.