Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rated M for Magnum

Thread: 7mm RUM. And the 195G EOL

7mm RUM. And the 195G EOL

Hi all. Little advance please. I have 86.5G of 2217 going 3k out of my Remington sendero with a 26inch barrel shooting Less them 1inch at 200m. I’m wanting to try a little more speed and will try 2225 but unsure of a starting load. Would anyone have experienced with a 7mmrum or the 195 Eol at all. I have had them up at 3100 with the 2217 but the groups open up.

I used US869 with my 7rum. Was using 180gr Berger’s. Getting 3200 with about 0.5” groups at 100yds. Can’t remember the exact load sorry. I had Greg Duley cut the chamber with his shorter throated reamer. The loads from memory were close to the ones he had published in his mag from when he did that series on building a rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    I used US869 with my 7rum. Was using 180gr Berger’s. Getting 3200 with about 0.5” groups at 100yds. Can’t remember the exact load sorry. I had Greg Duley cut the chamber with his shorter throated reamer. The loads from memory were close to the ones he had published in his mag from when he did that series on building a rifle.
    I did notice the throat is so far out even the 195s don’t touch the lands. I have the 180s going 3100 easily into touching at 100 but do like the thought of 195s going better

@GWH I understand you might use this bullet?

Correct I think he is 28nosler though and at about 3100 . Typically the nosler will send them 3100 3200 no dramas.

And maybe rl33

Have you tried adjusting the seating depth to try tune it?

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Why, for the love of fuck, do you need sub-half-minute at over 3000fps with 195s? And why would you want -more- speed?

Can I have your barrel when you've shot out the throat next week?
    Because magnum
    mimms2 likes this.