Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 30late

Thread: 7mm TGK

7mm TGK

Hey folks so my brother in law has asked me to load for his 7mm08 Tikka.

It's away to get shortened to 18" and a DPT with stainless baffle added.

I managed to locate some 7mm projectiles which was very useful so to those who replied in the buy and sell section thank you.

I've got plenty of 2208 and some Sierra 150gr TGK. Which I have never used personally(TMK however I use exclusively).

I've started around the middle of the book for a optimal charge test with the most similar projectile I could find.

So I've got 40.0,40.5,41.0,41.5(book max), 41.8 and lastly 42.1gr
    Using Remington brass.
    COAL is 2.765 due to the magazine.

Once rifle is back from gunsmithing work I'll get see how we go for pressure.

But the crux of my post is what are people's experiences with the 150 TGK/ game changers ? This is a do it all to 500m as he would like to do more tops stuff.

Thanks for the helpful replies folks but I simply don't know what these rounds go like on deer so hence the query.

Very heavy duty construction. Considerably heavier than an ELDX so would want them moving as fast as possible. I went to load them but decided against it as found better options which is easier said than done in 7mm currently

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    Very heavy duty construction. Considerably heavier than an ELDX so would want them moving as fast as possible. I went to load them but decided against it as found better options which is easier said than done in 7mm currently
    I've used the 165gr gamechanger[Sako factory ammo] in my rem mag with good results ,dropped everything from big red stags to little wee Fallow yearlings, mostly pass throughs but still showing good expansion even with shots behind the shoulder.
    I would sell a kidney[almost] to get some now im reloading for rem mag. Driving them quicker in a good reload they would perform even better i recon!!.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 30late View Post
    I've used the 165gr gamechanger[Sako factory ammo] in my rem mag with good results ,dropped everything from big red stags to little wee Fallow yearlings, mostly pass throughs but still showing good expansion even with shots behind the shoulder.
    I would sell a kidney[almost] to get some now im reloading for rem mag. Driving them quicker in a good reload they would perform even better i recon!!.
    Yep hence my comment about sending them fast. 165s in a rem mag would be hauling arse which should allow them to open up

Big_Les
    Name:  7MM PILLS B.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  872.6 KB

I will part with these to those that want them . Totals of each on the box written in ink .
    Probably best PM me if you are interested .Name:  7MM PILLS a.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  791.3 KB
    Last edited by LJPRMC; 18-07-2022 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by LJPRMC View Post
    Attachment 201696

I will part with these to those that want them . Totals of each on the box written in ink .
    Probably best PM me if you are interested .Attachment 201698
    Hold those sierras for @30late sounds like he is desperate

Big_Les
    I am , wrote to him as well , but he hasn,t responded . Not sure why .

If those are 140gr gamekings, they kill very well out to 450meters in the 7mm08
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LJPRMC View Post
    I am , wrote to him as well , but he hasn,t responded . Not sure why .
    Only just seen your reply mate , have sent pm

Quote Originally Posted by 30late View Post
    There are 2 packets of 165 Gamechangers 4sale on TM at the moment.