Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone loading 7mm Rem Mag using 175 EDL-X and N560?

Thanks RMM - the 2217 results you put up on Danny B's thread were pretty impressive. If I change powders I was thinking a 2217 might be a better option for a 22" barrel as is a bit faster than 2225. I would be happy I if I could get to 2900 with the 175 out of a shortish barrel. Cheers
    dannyb and Rated M for Magnum like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Thanks RMM - the 2217 results you put up on Danny B's thread were pretty impressive. If I change powders I was thinking a 2217 might be a better option for a 22" barrel as is a bit faster than 2225. I would be happy I if I could get to 2900 with the 175 out of a shortish barrel. Cheers
    Ha ha I really need to stop recommending that powder to other people

All good hopefully we get some more 2217 in the country some time soon as well. I really enjoy experimenting with different loads, especially loads that shouldn't be the ideal just to see if they will work.

Cheers

RL 26 just under max with the 175 gr LRAB shoots well and at about 2900 fps out of a 24 inch barrel.
    Rated M for Magnum likes this.