Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anyone run reduced 300wsm loads

Anyone run reduced 300wsm loads

As above, some info would be nice 125-150gr pills I'm thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

how much reduced???? piece of piss with trailboss just use same volume of powder as one of your normal loads,thats easy with lee spoons.
    Smiddy likes this.

Had a friend run 110gr hollow points. Watched him shoot a white goat, looked like it had been snowing.
    Smiddy, sometimes and FatLabrador like this.

Just after a low recoiling load still effective on deer to 150m, was thinking 125gr ballistic tip at around 2600fps maybe

Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Looks like 150 btsp, 150sst or 155 amax at around 2300fps will do the ticket with h4895/adi 2206h

the 125s come up cheap on trademe...factory 2nds as they are discoloured....they still shoot straight and deer dont know difference..... they will have stuff all recoil .Im pushing them at 2200ish from 7.62x39mm .

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    the 125s come up cheap on trademe...factory 2nds as they are discoloured....they still shoot straight and deer dont know difference..... they will have stuff all recoil .Im pushing them at 2200ish from 7.62x39mm .
    You obviously happy with there performance then? I would say I would be lucky to be shooting past 125m with that load

deer at bush ranges have all been bang flops with chest shots...wallabies die period. they accurate enough for me with the x39mm slightly oversize bore I was pleasantly surprised how well they go. $30ish for 50 is good buying....for reduced recoil they would be a good option. you could go heavy and slow and still keep recoil down.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    deer at bush ranges have all been bang flops with chest shots...wallabies die period. they accurate enough for me with the x39mm slightly oversize bore I was pleasantly surprised how well they go. $30ish for 50 is good buying....for reduced recoil they would be a good option. you could go heavy and slow and still keep recoil down.
    Yep all good, I ordered some to try, will see how they go, next option will be 155 amax at around 2300fps

35gr 2206h with 125s sounds like a .22 and no recoil, wouldn't have a clue on speed, guessing maybe 2400fps, 3 shots around an inch at 75 yards with no rest leaning on the truck, dead inline just 3.5in low of my 178eldm load, now to shoot something with them

Be careful shooting that much of a reduced load. You can get detonation if there is not enough powder to fill the case properly.

trailboss might be better/safer option....its piece of piss to load thats for sure.

A lot of people using h4895 (2206h) for reduced loads in a lot of rifles - including 300wsm. It seems to be the "powder" for it, they say 60% of listed loads, so I'm right there.
    I've found a few loads using 35gr of powder so I think I am "ok"
    Trailboss was my next option, I didn't know if I would be able to get around that 2300fps mark witch is where I really wan to be

I might bump up to 37gr to be safe

How full is the case with 37gr smiddy? I know that running full/compressed loads with the likes of 2225/2217/2213sc in the wsm calls for circa 68-70grs of powder.
    McNotty likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.