Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Case Tumbler

Yup that was the same one I had. The plastic rims didn't enjoy the shock of meeting concrete. Must admit, am impressed with the Frankford one. Expensive, but quieter, does more brass and robustly built. I looked at a CED one but figured I could do the same damage one day, so picked the Frankfor one which is rimless and looks like injected plastic mould. Looks tough as bro'

R93
    I won't store mine up high on my gunsafe😆
    Cheap shit I know, but it goes good for now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Kscott likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

ebf
    So I'm trying out this stainless tumbling lark... The Mrs went on a shopping spree

Had a go with cold water and tablespoon of dishwashing liquid, but the case lube still stuck on the side of the cases after 1 hour of tumbling...

Do I need to use warm water, or is citric acid the trick for removing the case lube ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Hot water and a real good squirt of dishwash.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    So I'm trying out this stainless tumbling lark... The Mrs went on a shopping spree

Had a go with cold water and tablespoon of dishwashing liquid, but the case lube still stuck on the side of the cases after 1 hour of tumbling...

Do I need to use warm water, or is citric acid the trick for removing the case lube ?
    ALWAYS USE COLD AS POSSIBLE WATER, THE COLDER THE BETTER

17lb tumber instructions..

1. Add 5 Lbs (2.27 kg) of SS media into the drum

2. Next fill with 1 gallon (3.78 Liters) of cold water. (One gallon)=8 Lbs/3.63 kg

3. Add your brass into the drum (2-4 Lbs of brass)

4. Add dish soap. 1 -2 Tbs (15-30 mL) of either Dawn, Ivory, or Joy dish soap

(if there are no soap bubbles in the water after you tumble, you need more soap)

5. Add 1/4 Tsp. (1.25 mL) of Lemishine. This is the key to the shine. (Not too much)

6. Tumble 3-4 hours with the Model B High Speed Thumler’s Tumbler

7. Pour out as much water as you can without losing any brass or pins

(The more you rinse the brass and pins the better your results will be next time)

8. Fill drum with water, and separate brass by hand or use an STM Media Separator with water.

9. Rinse your brass off really good with some warm water. (Not getting a good rinse can leave water spots on the brass)

10. Dump brass onto a towel and let dry. If any pins get stuck in the neck of the brass throw those pins away

11. Store Stainless Steel Media either wet or dry in drum

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post

What make/model did you end up getting ?

My recipe is cold tap water in the laundry, a squirt of Homebrand dishwashing liquid and a 9mm case full of citric acid powder, put on for 90 mins and everything is nice 'n shiny.
    stumpy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    I got one of these:
    Thumler's Tumbler Model B Rotary Tumbler : Cabela's
    Works bloody well.
    Tumbler $6.50, large $6000, ingenuity priceless..

I have both tumblers and have to say the stainless steel media tumbler is the way to go.

You need some Palmolive and some citric acid in the mix with hot water but once the cycle is done you need to put the cases on a towel and pat dry before drying otherwise you end up with water spots on the cases.

Either a dehydrator or put the cases on a tin foil cooking tray and place then in the sun or in the oven on 50 degrees with the oven door ajar with a wooden cooking spoon.

I had a Tumler's Tumbler on loan to me once but couldn't justify the expense of it though I couldn't fault the tumbler... in the end I bought a tumbler off ebay for less than US$100

I built my tumbler DIY. Using a 4L Paul from bunnings and a wiper motor from an old Mercedes! All up cost about $30 + pins to build. I can do about 100-150 rifle cases or 200-300 pistol cases. I also use hot water to tumble, but cold water to rinse! Comes out spotless!