Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By jackson21
  • 2 Post By dannyb
  • 2 Post By jackson21
  • 1 Post By dannyb
  • 1 Post By charliehorse
  • 2 Post By johnd
  • 1 Post By omark

Thread: Charge Master Link?

Charge Master Link?

I was thinking about treating myself to something like this or the Lyman Gen6 for xmas.

Does anybody have any real world pros or cons etc.

My reloading shed has flurolights, is this going to be an issue?
    Both fit in my budget range.

Thanks

I'd recommend RCBS charge master, I've had both and the Lyman ended up in the rubbish bin. Had RCBS lite probably 5 years?

Loaded literally thousands of rounds with no trouble at all. Used to be much cheaper with strong dollar get them in from the States. Like most things shooting in this country, those years were golden years with regular packages coming from the states at great prices!

Having said that I'd still cry and buy another if had to, just so fast to knock good ammo out.
    Jaco Goosen and charliehorse like this.

my 2 cents having owned a gen 5, a chargemaster lite, and currently a gen 6

despite asking previous owners of both Lyman's if there were any issues they both seemed to drift, not an issue as long as your aware of it and re zero when it does drift.
    the chargemaster lite almost never drifted, however reviews would suggest it does it just isn't as sensitive.
    both should be turned on at least 30 minutes prior to use to acclimatise and always calibrate before use as well.

if my gen 6 ever shits the bed I'll probably buy an RCBS again as it's just more user friendly, but not worth changing out form the gen 6 just for that. both are equally up to the task.
    jackson21 and charliehorse like this.
    #DANNYCENT

What I do is every now and again to be sure like someone has come home in car, opened garage door etc or come down to annoy me put the 50gr weight on, should read 771.6 or something, is written on my workbench shelf. Always seems ok, or just recalibrate it again if you want, takes no time.

I reckon the RCBS has better software, hard to explain but it seems to figure out a few things out. I listen to podcasts, music etc. Just make sure it's on a separate table to workbench/press as loading while it spits it out.
    muzr257 and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    my 2 cents having owned a gen 5, a chargemaster lite, and currently a gen 6

despite asking previous owners of both Lyman's if there were any issues they both seemed to drift, not an issue as long as your aware of it and re zero when it does drift.
    the chargemaster lite almost never drifted, however reviews would suggest it does it just isn't as sensitive.
    both should be turned on at least 30 minutes prior to use to acclimatise and always calibrate before use as well.

if my gen 6 ever shits the bed I'll probably buy an RCBS again as it's just more user friendly, but not worth changing out form the gen 6 just for that. both are equally up to the task.
    just to clarify that's not a dig at either of the people I bought the units off, I'm more than happy with my Gen 6
    Chicken likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by jackson21 View Post
    I'd recommend RCBS charge master, I've had both and the Lyman ended up in the rubbish bin. Had RCBS lite probably 5 years?

Loaded literally thousands of rounds with no trouble at all. Used to be much cheaper with strong dollar get them in from the States. Like most things shooting in this country, those years were golden years with regular packages coming from the states at great prices!

Having said that I'd still cry and buy another if had to, just so fast to knock good ammo out.
    Got a CM1500 and then bought a Lite. It is impressive. Yes have eyed the other upgrades but the Lite does wicked good ammo.

So I brought a chargemaster link a couple of days ago and saw one in a shop today for considerably less(FML).

So if anybody wants to buy one for $650 send me a message and I'll let you know where it was.
    dannyb likes this.

I found the Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper to be good, fast and no need for drinstraw mods either.
    jackson21 and dannyb like this.

Gee @johnd if I'd known that I might have got one

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    I found the Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper to be good, fast and no need for drinstraw mods either.
    That's good to know, Frankfort stuff always seems to work well, not the flashiest but I'm always happy with their gear. I know it's probably sourced out of China but normally works well.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehorse View Post
    I was thinking about treating myself to something like this or the Lyman Gen6 for xmas.

Does anybody have any real world pros or cons etc.

My reloading shed has flurolights, is this going to be an issue?
    Both fit in my budget range.

Thanks
    Very happy with chargemaster. 110v ex USA. Never had any issues and loaded
    Many thousands of rounds. I am a fan of rcbs generally
    Good Luck with your choice.
    charliehorse likes this.