Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By SPEARONZ
  • 1 Post By Magnus
  • 1 Post By omark
  • 4 Post By BradNZL

Thread: Components newbie

Components newbie

Pretty new to the Reloading obsession and much to my disgust just realised the huge shortage of components going on. My question is those who didn't stock up a couple of years ago is there a small supply still coming in and if there is where do I look or who do I call to get into it.

If you don't want to post here feel free to send me a pm .

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

ADI powder has just been / is being distributed around the country so should be available for a short time at a store near you.

Distribution of more 'exotic' powders is sporadic and is much more expensive. Ie 1 lb of Hodgson retumbo is about $100. 1Kg of ADI 2225 cost me $154 yesterday. Retumbo and 2225 are the exact same powders just packaged by different companies.

Large rifle primers are not available at all commercially and you will require a GC to help you out finding what you need. Maybe buy some knee pads and lipstick to sweeten the deal.

I've found projectiles when I've needed to. There are some 7mm that is hard to find at the moment but if you are using hunting quantities it really not that bad.

The hardest thing is the Fear Of Missing Out mentality that tempts most of us to buy/stock up on way more than we rationly need. It's a real thing and it is only amplifying the problem.

The essentials are around you just have to be quick to jump on them. Keep a constant eye out here, ring around your local shops and get them to put you on back order etc, Trademe from time to time you will find something but prepare to empty your wallet as there are plenty of other people looking for the same as you. Even during this shortage I've managed to accumulate what I need to last me for plenty of frezzer fill ups.
    the.camo.butcher likes this.
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

Quote Originally Posted by the.camo.butcher View Post
    Pretty new to the Reloading obsession and much to my disgust just realised the huge shortage of components going on. My question is those who didn't stock up a couple of years ago is there a small supply still coming in and if there is where do I look or who do I call to get into it.

If you don't want to post here feel free to send me a pm .

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Gun city seem to still have primers if you have one near you. Depending on your calibre there are still a few projectiles that come in from time to time. Leave your requirements with your local gunshop owner and I’m sure they will call you when some come in. I know mine does
    the.camo.butcher likes this.

Just dont give into the scalpers on TM!