Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: This is F**ked

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I did plan ahead and have enough, but does anyone actually know what the story is with primers and when NZ can expect to see new stock ?
    There are primer companies/factories being built in the states to ease the pressure. But not until 2024 operational. Stock will dribble in during the year but no doubt they will soaked up in back orders! Flint lock muzzleloading is starting to look good again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back orders are killing it moving forward if every retailer ran a limit and no back orders everybody would be steady . Unfortunately tom dick and harry have 30,900 primers each because they panicked and don’t think about the fact they only shoot 100 rounds a year and they have left 309 other shooters out of primers for their 100 a year

Make your own. There's plenty of Utube vids showing you how.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Back orders are killing it moving forward if every retailer ran a limit and no back orders everybody would be steady . Unfortunately tom dick and harry have 30,900 primers each because they panicked and don’t think about the fact they only shoot 100 rounds a year and they have left 309 other shooters out of primers for their 100 a year
    Not sure you are right.

Two years back we heard of a shortage, so my mates and I bought what we needed going forward. If everyone had done the same there wouldnt be this demand,NZ is a small market a long way from the source so expect to be a long way down the list.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Sadly a sign of the time , my local gunshop is selling primers at £110 per thousand , and he's low on stock , so double what this guy is asking . I guess he's upped the price as when new stock arrives it also has to be paid for .
    I've enough to last a couple of years , but then I don't have a particularly high shot count.

i can understand the frustration for you guys low on primers ..... im good for primers but am in the same conundrum for powder an 30 cal projectiles (i know theres plenty of those out there but the price has gone up one guy on the big yellow clearly selling them for more thn he paid cos the retail tags are still on the boxes)but i blame myself for not stocking up when they were aplenty or selling stuff i thought i would never need.
    is it really any different than say someone buying a new monaro back in the 70s for 10or 20k (or whatever they were worth ) and putting it up for sale for 500k + ?).....now before you say thats different the same happened when holden announced it was shutting its doors there was a run on commodores that will show up on the market, when all the ones currently on the market shit themselves, at an extremely inflated price ..........
    or like the time i bought a leupy m8 for $20 and onsold it for $259......
    supply and demand is an unforgiving beast .......the alternative is communism and the state will have everything and we will have nothing......

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Not ever having had the inclination to reload has put me in a position where this is not an issue for me. The primers that I use come seated in a pocket at the arse end of a brass shell and just behind varying quantities and types of powder and at least ten different sizes of projectiles. But in a similar vein to this discussion, “fuck ammo is getting expensive”. Back in the seventies, I studied economics and as I recall, the first thing I learned was that “if demand exceeds supply then prices will go up” and conversely, “if supply exceeds demand then prices will go down”. These are universal laws and just like the law of gravity, it will not change anytime soon. Unfortunately we are a tiny little nothing in the middle of nowhere and that also adversely factors into our buying position.
    Trout, Micky Duck, keneff and 2 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I remember copping shit for stocking up years ago, then replacing stock as I used it. Doesn't seem so silly now does it?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

This is F**ked

This was interesting…

Prices for Ammo, powder and projectiles have returned to near pre pandemic prices in the United States.

Hopefully not to long until here as well

Last edited by Burb122; 13-01-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Need to stop doing this….. “ we so small, we so tiny”

NZ is incredibly high up the list of private gun ownership per capita/country. I think in the top 20. We are a serious hunting and shooting economy for vendors, suppliers and distributors.

Micky Duck likes this.

I drive pass a few sports shops between TeAnu and Christchurch twice a yr.Getting ammo not a problem.I only use about 4pkts a year of quality ammo.You just gota keep an eye on yr supply and plan ahead.
    Bagheera likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I did plan ahead and have enough, but does anyone actually know what the story is with primers and when NZ can expect to see new stock ?
    supposed to see these new american primers in a couple months, beretta is now bringing in rws so theyve ordered a significant figure, but its all going to be soaked up by backorders, apparenty gunworks has 250 000 primers on back order...
    Micky Duck likes this.

It must be hard for the competition shooters,shooting 1000rds a year.Guess they try to keep well stock.Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burb122 View Post
    Need to stop doing this….. “ we so small, we so tiny”

NZ is incredibly high up the list of private gun ownership per capita/country. I think in the top 20. We are a serious hunting and shooting economy for vendors, suppliers and distributors.

The reality is that because of the "tyranny of distance" and our small overall population we will always be on the back tit. Pretty much across the board.
    norsk and Finnwolf like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

I told that scummer Luke from Rangiora he was an ASSHOLE for trying to sell a 200 CCI primers for $99 and the dickhead accused me of being a Labour supporter! Clearly he must be a Labour party member if he's so willing to fuck over fellow shooters! Fyi I'm an ACT supporter all the way, only party with any brains!