Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By will.i.em
  • 1 Post By PeteD
  • 2 Post By apkiwi

Thread: Greek 303 pulled projectiles

Greek 303 pulled projectiles

Are the Greek 303 pulled projectiles any good from gun city

Have a MKlll that throws 303 boat tails all over the place side ways but it shot well with some pulled MK7 flat base 174g that I pulled from dud ex army rounds

That seem to be the cheapest way to load some up ammo

Any one else have a better deal

Quote Originally Posted by Collector View Post
    Are the Greek 303 pulled projectiles any good from gun city

Have a MKlll that throws 303 boat tails all over the place side ways but it shot well with some pulled MK7 flat base 174g that I pulled from dud ex army rounds

That seem to be the cheapest way to load some up ammo

Any one else have a better deal
    I didn't have any luck with the Greek projectiles. My Martini Enfield threw them all over the place and sideways too.

Have you looked at Hornady's .312 offerings? I had better luck with these: https://www.reloaders.co.nz/shop/Rel...ox+of+100.html
    Micky Duck likes this.

I have had good luck with them for service rifle shooting.
    This may have to do to the condition of the barrel.
    You could try slugging the barrel to find out what the true bore diameter now is and then getting the appropriate size projectiles.
    will.i.em likes this.

Greetings,
    Even barrels that are in good nick on .303 rifles can have eroded throats from shooting rounds with the erosive cordite ammo. I found that the 174 grain Hornady RN shot well in my No4 with an eroded throat. Other .303 rifles with near new barrels shoot the 150 grain projectiles well as well as the 174 RN and Mk7 but I have not had the same luck with the Greek stuff. Due to the wide (very wide on the two groove barrels) lands the .303 was not designed to be shot with groove dia projectiles if you could even find any of the right dia. Another option to try for some plinking ammo is the 155 grain Frontier plated projectiles. These are undersize but from limited testing show promise in my 5 groove but the 2 groove cut them open and left a swirl of lead on the target. Some rifles will shoot the .308 dia projectiles reasonably well as my two groove does.
    Other than that there are cast leas projectiles but that is a whole new worm hole.
    Regards Grandpamac.

I recently loaded a few of these gun city pulled projectiles to compare to the PPU boat tails. Only loaded four, halfway through the mag had a sook and the rounds weren’t being picked up, so came out of position resting on a bag to sort it out. Result was what looks very much like a split group. 2rds in 10mm, the other pair located a little lower(approx 50-60mm) and these two were about 15mm apart. Hopeful that this was a split group due to the slight change in position and that the flat base on these pulled projectiles is well matched to my 2 groove Longbranch. Dreams are free though but we’ll see.

Oh and I cleaned them up with Autosol which worked really well, a little time consuming though. And weigh them too, two of the 100 I purchased were 150gr
    Micky Duck and -BW- like this.