Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry
  • 1 Post By SmokeyJason

Thread: Has anyone used these?

Has anyone used these?

Just looking for some cheep projectiles to use on goats at close range and came across these from Delta Mike
    https://www.deltamike.co.nz/product/...0-projectiles/
    Has anyone used these before or know much about them?

@Porter83 I cast a very similar bullet myself, powder coat and gas check it.

These look like a good value option
    I do notice they are cast with a gas check base, so they could be used as is of have gas checks added to possibly increase velocity and accuracy

What were you wanting to run them in and what speeds were you hoping to get ?
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

I've used the hrbc bullets in 38 Super, 44-40 & 45-70. I rate them highly for target shooting. They are very hard and won't expand much. I'd look for a bulk deal on hornady interlock or similar for close in goats. You still want expansion for efficient killing.

Pointed round nose in a moderately hard alloy will just make small leaky holes bo matter how fast or slow you push them unless they hit bone. If you want to use cast get in touch with shooternz Robert dies some useful hollow points otherwise buy either m1 carbine type 110 grain bullets or 125 jobbies and push them hard and fast. My 2 cents
    Micky Duck likes this.

Or drill big hole
    Howa1500 likes this.

I shoot a fair bit of these in 9mm, and 38special. while very accurate projectiles i dont know if they would expand very well on animals. although they would be pretty fun loaded up as subbies

Im shooting out of a 308 with 18 barrel. Hoping to get into the 1800ftps nothing faster.
    Are you shooting your cast loads through a suppressor with gas checks? Have heard a rumour not a good idea to. What powder are you using for your loads?
    Just what others are saying about the projectiles im thinking they are are on the hardside for what Im looking for.

Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
    https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y

Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
    https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y

Shame they don't have anything I shoot

I would slug the barrel and make sure you have a good thou of 'engagement' either side. These bulk projos have that thin coating on them. They can be powdercoated later if you find they're a bit loose in the barrel and spreading out too much.