Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRBC bullets

HRBC bullets

I've looked on their website but can't see anywhere, does anyone know whether their 'bullet alloy' bullets are going to behave more like cast lead or jacketed bullets? I grabbed a bunch to try in the lever action for plinking, I'll use trail boss if they won't stand up to higher velocities.

Recent thread here: https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....jectile-97852/
    They hold up to a fair wallop but don't push them too hard. You don't need to waste your trailboss on them though that stuff is fairy dust now.

Hi Tommygun. What calibre? I used to shoot gas checked Josyd Cast bullets out of my 3030 and I pushed them with no issues.

1650fps no issues. After that you may find the PC starts to erode in the bore. At any rate, in my 44mag the grouping falls apart after around 1700fps. May be something else causing that and other cals may do better. HRBC are pretty responsive. Write them for their take on it.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Doing a resize on the pc seems to make it a bit more delicate. If you can size using water as lubricant, dry them and coat. That should make the pc a bit more resilient. Had a few issues with both .458 and .311 cracking off during seating...

Quote Originally Posted by T.FOYE View Post
    Doing a resize on the pc seems to make it a bit more delicate. If you can size using water as lubricant, dry them and coat. That should make the pc a bit more resilient. Had a few issues with both .458 and .311 cracking off during seating...
    Not sure how this applies to HRBC but yes an interesting consideration when rolling ones own. Haven't done it yet but seems most size after PC applied. I think if I was going after higher velocity, hardcast say, PC after sizing might be worth trying. But also likely to combine with a GC. Two trips through Sizer to fit GC? Or PC over GC? Fitting GC after PC comes back to the issue you raise but maybe weaker PC doesn't matter when GC also used.

I asked a question on Delta Mike's TM auction for 308cal HRBC. "What velocity are these rated to in a rifle? Do you have the HRBC gas checked 308 bullets? Can you get them?"

Reply,"The coating is rated to 2200fps" no response re gas checked ones.

On HRBCs own site they offer a gas check version of rifle projectiles to support higher velocities for silhouette shooting, they call them " copperhawkes"..have not seen them listed at Delta Mike..would like to tho.