Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Humping & Fisting

I would walk 100 miles in bare feet to another shop before I would set foot in one of their shops. They just keep shafting hunters and shooters at every opportunity it seems.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Went into farmlands Palmy and brought 5 boxes of 22 mag, then out of interest went to hnf. Asked for the same stuff salesman gets it down and happily tells me the price is $35.95, $15 a box more expensive than farmlands I said thanks but put it back.
    veitnamcam, ebf, bigbear and 1 others like this.

Ejected
    I suspect there are individual stores who would like to lower their prices to be competitive, but can't due to the terms of the franchise agreement (prices set by Hunting and Fishing NZ Ltd head office).

I would have thought H&F Taupo would have offered more competitive powder prices, as it seems a product perhaps only sold in that outlet (never seen in another store). Guess not...seems even the powder price is controlled by head office.

Apart from pricing of 2nd hand guns, franchise owners really do have their hands tied in relation to new product pricing. However one of the benefits of franchises is benefiting from lower cost price due to larger purchasing power, this is then passed onto the consumer.... something that H&F head office seems to not have realised.
    tetawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    I suspect there are individual stores who would like to lower their prices to be competitive, but can't due to the terms of the franchise agreement (prices set by Hunting and Fishing NZ Ltd head office).

I would have thought H&F Taupo would have offered more competitive powder prices, as it seems a product perhaps only sold in that outlet (never seen in another store). Guess not...seems even the powder price is controlled by head office.

Apart from pricing of 2nd hand guns, franchise owners really do have their hands tied in relation to new product pricing. However one of the benefits of franchises is benefiting from lower cost price due to larger purchasing power, this is then passed onto the consumer.... something that H&F head office seems to not have realised.
    In it to make a killing not a living.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Any yet Botany H&F for a long while had the cheapest powder around Auckland, something not known by many.
    So, they can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehorse View Post
    Yea they didnt have the 2206h was my first choice. So asked for H4895. Think WSI has it at $78ish.

They actually had a fair selection of reloading stuff, for a H&F. Dies, brass, powdermeasuring, tools, lubes, calipers, shell holders etc.
    I guess their location means they stock it and people buy it cause powder is too far to travel for. They only stocked for the mainstream type calibres though.....
    I see you are in matamata. You should be going to workshop innovation

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    This . Much cheaper.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Mate....you guys are gunna hate this but my local got 2 bottles of 2209 in for me - took 2 months but only $60 each....that was 3 weeks ago
    stagstalker likes this.

My local hnf does powder at a reasonable price. $70-$75 for 1lb of 2208. I only buy it there for convenience everything else is blackwatch, workshop innovation and of course gunworks.

Quote Originally Posted by wsm junkie View Post
    Mate....you guys are gunna hate this but my local got 2 bottles of 2209 in for me - took 2 months but only $60 each....that was 3 weeks ago
    Second this. Just had a look at my bottle of 2209 which I got from them and it was priced well. I do only buy powder there though due to not being able to buy online. Everything else I get through workshopinnovation. Our Manawatu H&F does have reasonable stock of reloading stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    @superdiver dont worry I do, just ordered 3 bottles last night. Was the mere fact I was passing through and thought I might save a trip.
    superdiver likes this.

ADI powders which I've seen in outlets Waikato have been $72, but don't do H&Fleesing or GC.

Sorry guys, I wasnt meaning a HnF store....meant my local sport shop
    veitnamcam likes this.

I used to get some reasonable prices and discounts at a local H&F years ago but the guys I delt with moved on......actually come to think of it I dont think it was H&F then......sportsworld maybe.

Anyway only reason I would go to one now after the appalling way they treated us all in their submission to parliament post massacre is to be nosy/ try stuff on etc before buying elsewhere.

Fuck Hunting and Fishing the turn coat monopolist wankers with no interest in hunting or firearms other than making as much money as possible.

I hope they go broke.
    blake and outlander like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I used to get some reasonable prices and discounts at a local H&F years ago but the guys I delt with moved on......actually come to think of it I dont think it was H&F then......sportsworld maybe.

Anyway only reason I would go to one now after the appalling way they treated us all in their submission to parliament post massacre is to be nosy/ try stuff on etc before buying elsewhere.

Fuck Hunting and Fishing the turn coat monopolist wankers with no interest in hunting or firearms other than making as much money as possible.

I hope they go broke.
    And catch an uncomfortable std....that would be fitting.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.