Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 30late

Thread: IMR 8133 in 7m rem mag

IMR 8133 in 7m rem mag

Recently dived into that big rabbit hole and started reloading for my t3 7m rem mag.
    A good bugger from the local manawatu nzda has helped me get started with some good advise and got me onto IMR 8133 as a suitable powder .
    For primers i got some cci 200 which were only ones available.
    For projectiles i initially got some 150gr eldx, again all i could get at the time and worked up to a load of 76gr (book max is 77gr) but haven't chronyied them or tried them on an animal yet, and more recently got some 175gr sierra gamekings , again not my first choice but getting closer, and from what i've read about them will work ok down to about 2200fps which is about 400 odd yds depending on mv, so i am ok with that as my last 4 deer shot have been under 20yds LOL.
    I have found a load of 71.5 gr with these 175gr pills that groups ok , i did go up to 73gr but noticed a slight resistance when opening the bolt at that charge.
    I hope to put this load over a chrony soon and shoot some gongs out to 500yds.
    Anyone else have experience with IMR 8133 that you can share. cheers
    T.FOYE likes this.

Not that I can be of much help at all on this as I am just starting off with loading, but where did you find the IMR 8133? I have been recommended it too but can't find anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ojc2 View Post
    Not that I can be of much help at all on this as I am just starting off with loading, but where did you find the IMR 8133? I have been recommended it too but can't find anywhere.
    A mate sold me some to try from his secret stash!!, no idea where he got it from and ill be buggered if i cant get anymore when i run out .

Look for alternatives using the ADI website. on that you will see all the comparable offerings from other companies. I recently went looking for 2207, didnt find that but i did get a bottle of vihtavuori and also the equivilant in hodgdons.
    Grab what you can eh. See for your situation, you have OODLES of power available and a light projectile. You can definitely go for slower powders and fill up that case more.

The other brands are more expensive but grab what you can eh.
    VV 24N41, Retumbo or ADI2225 might work well for you too?

Quote Originally Posted by T.FOYE View Post
    Look for alternatives using the ADI website. on that you will see all the comparable offerings from other companies. I recently went looking for 2207, didnt find that but i did get a bottle of vihtavuori and also the equivilant in hodgdons.
    Grab what you can eh. See for your situation, you have OODLES of power available and a light projectile. You can definitely go for slower powders and fill up that case more.

The other brands are more expensive but grab what you can eh.
    VV 24N41, Retumbo or ADI2225 might work well for you too?
    Retumbo is another recommended that I cannot find, reloading 6.5prc. I have managed to find some H1000 which is also highly recommended so I will see how I go with that