Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: LabRadar

Crips, I thought this was about a lab pointing at the ducks coming in range to shoot!!. Labradar , what will they think of next.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    How are these things meant to be set up? They used one at the chrono station for the ipsc nationals and the readings on the open guns were all over the fucking show! By as much as 200 fps. There are a few unhappy shooters who have been declared as shooting minor power factor now because of one or 2 realy erratic readings.
    Whoever was running it may have screwed up or velocities shooters thought they had are way off.

The labradar is simple and accurate. It doesn't lie. All my rifle velocities are within a few fps to when I had a V3.
    Pistol velocities are where load data say they should be.

But you can get inconsistent velocity readings if you do not input the correct projectile weight and that's assuming they had it in handgun mode in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R93; 18-11-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Theres no way they were off by as much as the machine said. I have no doubt that the labradar is the bees knees, i just think it may have been set up wrong? It was failing to read alot of shots too. The guy was basicaly standing behind the radar and it was about a foot to his left pointing down range. I hvnt heard of any other divisions having issues so we are all assuming the comp on the open guns are putting it off. There was a roof over the shooter as well, not sure if that makes a difference.

I got a reading of 1400fps, 1415, 1250, and 1340 and a bunch of shots that didnt register. This was a common theme with all the open guys. I know that 10 grains of 3n38 should put me at that 1400+ mark so it read correctly and then had major swings in velocity. I feel for the guys that came in with a 159.? power factor, there were a couple in my squad alone.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    Theres no way they were off by as much as the machine said. I have no doubt that the labradar is the bees knees, i just think it may have been set up wrong? It was failing to read alot of shots too. The guy was basicaly standing behind the radar and it was about a foot to his left pointing down range. I hvnt heard of any other divisions having issues so we are all assuming the comp on the open guns are putting it off. There was a roof over the shooter as well, not sure if that makes a difference.

I got a reading of 1400fps, 1415, 1250, and 1340 and a bunch of shots that didnt register. This was a common theme with all the open guys. I know that 10 grains of 3n38 should put me at that 1400+ mark so it read correctly and then had major swings in velocity. I feel for the guys that came in with a 159.? power factor, there were a couple in my squad alone.
    I would say your right. Someone has mentioned in this thread about the radar not working properly with a brake until he shifted it.

I haven't used a brake over mine so don't know what can go wrong.

It is activated by sound so possibly the roof combined with the brake is giving erroneous feedback effecting the readings.
    Especially when you say only open shooters are having issues.

The should reshoot it for all you open guys under a different setup.
    You would think they would notice there is an issue and try and sort it?

I think it is great they are using a labradar for velocity testing but maybe they shouldn't have used one until they are very familiar with it and also have a backup optical chrony to confirm irregular results.
    It is screwing up the competition for people after all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyR View Post
    For interested buyers:

https://buymylabradar.com/products/labradar

Thanks Mrs Google

Note: US$ price
    Not worth the trouble to save about $20.

Just in case you needed another reason to buy a labradar:

Name:  labradar-app.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  119.7 KB

Download the new firmware v1.2.0 by following the link below. The latest firmware will enable the Bluetooth connectivity on you LabRadar device.
    Android App is avilable on Google Play, Apple iOS will be available on the App Store within the next few days!

Directions for Labradar App Download/Connectivitiy
    1. Go to LabRadar - My Personal Radar - Download,
    2. Select: Labradar Firmware v1.2.0 (EN) Mobile App Ready.
    3. Copy the FWA and FWB files to a SD card (or use the USB cable method), Do not put the files in any folder.
    4. Insert the SD card in your Labradar and turn it on.
    5. On your Android Device, make sure your location service is enable.
    6. Download the Labradar App from Google play to your device.
    7. Don't pair your Bluetooth device to the Labradar, in order to use the app just connect to your Labradar from within the mobile app.
    8.Questions or comments about the App please email us at Appsupport@mylabradar.com
    If you need assistance updating your firmware you can follow the video instructions from the YouTube video posted below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbSjwZnGS24&t=1s

Download link: download
    R93 likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Just in case you needed another reason to buy a labradar:

Attachment 89406

Download the new firmware v1.2.0 by following the link below. The latest firmware will enable the Bluetooth connectivity on you LabRadar device.
    Android App is avilable on Google Play, Apple iOS will be available on the App Store within the next few days!

Directions for Labradar App Download/Connectivitiy
    1. Go to LabRadar - My Personal Radar - Download,
    2. Select: Labradar Firmware v1.2.0 (EN) Mobile App Ready.
    3. Copy the FWA and FWB files to a SD card (or use the USB cable method), Do not put the files in any folder.
    4. Insert the SD card in your Labradar and turn it on.
    5. On your Android Device, make sure your location service is enable.
    6. Download the Labradar App from Google play to your device.
    7. Don't pair your Bluetooth device to the Labradar, in order to use the app just connect to your Labradar from within the mobile app.
    8.Questions or comments about the App please email us at Appsupport@mylabradar.com
    If you need assistance updating your firmware you can follow the video instructions from the YouTube video posted below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbSjwZnGS24&t=1s

Download link: download
    Awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

R93
    Got the app, done the download.
    Radar say the firmware is installed but phone won't pair with radar.

Comes up as blue radios 3B251A

Wont work for some reason?
    Keep getting comms error.

Last edited by R93; 16-06-2018 at 02:06 PM.

That’s different aye. Mine connects, named labradar then a number.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    That’s different aye. Mine connects, named labradar then a number.
    Mate I am a tech idiot. I will try and sort it later. Must have done something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Mate I am a tech idiot. I will try and sort it later. Must have done something wrong.

That was easy. The apps is a bit clunky but it will be much easier to review data at the range.

I normally don't have too many issues with this kind of thing but this has got me fucked!!
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I normally don't have too many issues with this kind of thing but this has got me fucked!!
    Same.

When I plug my radar into the computer it doesn't come up at all so there may be a problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Same.

When I plug my radar into the computer it doesn't come up at all so there may be a problem there.

Same, it has in the past. Also the app isn't in the apple app store and I haven't figured out google play yet
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"