Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Scotty89
  • 1 Post By 6x47

Thread: Lapua brass - 284 Win available online

Lapua brass - 284 Win available online

For those interested (I know it was difficult for me to find anyway), workshop innovations have Lapua brass in 284 Win now available. Cheers
    Puffin and GWH like this.

Availability and affordability are different issues..
    outdoorlad likes this.

Was going to grab some myself until I seen the price. Can be found cheaper elsewhere

Yikes! Getting abit steep now ain't it
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterdave View Post
    .. Can be found cheaper elsewhere
    If it's in NZ, they're -well- hidden

Affordability in reloading seems to have gone out the window sadly. Has anyone looked at importing directly? Or would you need a dealers licence?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty89 View Post
    Affordability in reloading seems to have gone out the window sadly. Has anyone looked at importing directly? Or would you need a dealers licence?
    You can import components directly no restrictions or import requirements. Nor do you need a dealers licence. These days shipping tends to kill any possible savings.

The biggest problem is finding a US dealer with the necessary export licence. The vast majority don't have one. Then, as has been said, the freight ain't cheap

Have imported norma from march uk before, they sorted export license out although was still around $330

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    If it's in NZ, they're -well- hidden
    Im sure craig will chime in soon, he was advertising it here a few weeks back

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Peterson brass is very good. I have purchased mine from Workshop Innovations in the past. Out of stock at present. I just waited a few months on a wait list. Better price than Lapua but I would doubt it was anything less if not better.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds