Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Lee dies ok?

Thanks guys that's helpful. That hogdon site is great. I'm just reading ABCs of reloading so things are starting to make sense (slowly).

I have never read ABC's of reloading I learned from reading the Nick Harvey and Hornady manuals and tips from other reloaders on other forum sites and lots of googling best load data I got out of actual manuals from the shop was the Nosler manual which I based my 6.5x55 loads around.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

For 223, a couple of good powders are Hodgdon CFE 223 (hard to get at the moment) or Hodgdon H335.
    Both are ball powders so meter very well through a auto powder dispenser.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Lee Reloading Supplies | Reloading Equipment Lee Precision | Discount Reloading Supplies by Lee | Titan Reloading if you don't mind buying from overseas

Hodgdon - The Gun Powder People for some decent load data for your .223 I use this site to compare powders and see which one gives the best maximum velocity at the lowest chamber pressures for my chosen projectile weight.
    Is it cheaper to buy from the states. Have you done it with good results?

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by POME View Post
    Is it cheaper to buy from the states. Have you done it with good results?
    Pome

Yes it is cheaper.

I have bought a lot of Lee parts for my Loadmasters from Titan Reloading and had good service with no issues.

One downside is they like to rip it in with the postage cost as they automatically think you need the parts tomorrow, so carefully check out the postage rates and options before you finalise your order.

If your not in a hurry, selecting a longer delivery time will bring the postage cost down dramatically.

Cheers
    Pete

[QUOTE=P38;214599]Pome

Yes it is cheaper.

I have bought a lot of Lee parts for my Loadmasters from Titan Reloading and had good service with no issues.

One downside is they like to rip it in with the postage cost as they automatically think you need the parts tomorrow, so carefully check out the postage rates and options before you finalise your order.

If your not in a hurry, selecting a longer delivery time will bring the postage cost down dramatically.

Cheers
    Pete[/QUOTE
    Cheers Pete while you were answering my question i was setting up an account and placing an order.

P38
    [QUOTE=POME;214628]
    Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Pome

Yes it is cheaper.

Cheers
    Pete[/QUOTE
    Cheers Pete while you were answering my question i was setting up an account and placing an order.
    Hope you checked the postage prices.

Cheers
    Pete