Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Nearly choked in my Latte

you guys are running hot loads - I was being too conservative chickening out around 46.5gr of 2209!

Now I'm inclined to do a bunch more hotter loads and see how it groups up to ~48 or so.

sneakywaza I got
    Got a good working load for the 6.5x55 : 50gn IMR7828 is giving 2800fps with the 140 Berger VLD without obvious pressure and really tight grouping, although it is tempting, no point trying to drive it any faster, it is what it is, the 125 Nosler partition might be alright at 2900, might try to get that one a little faster though, they shoot to the same windage and elevation at 110yds, might be a good close/long distance combo

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkeye View Post
    you guys are running hot loads - I was being too conservative chickening out around 46.5gr of 2209!

Now I'm inclined to do a bunch more hotter loads and see how it groups up to ~48 or so.
    I'd be carefull
    48 2209 behind a 140 is stiff
    Please make sure you have a modern action.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I am budget build shopping at the moment. Really keen on a 6.5 Howa long action 22" stainless, very encouraging comments. Anyone have experience with the "walnut" stock being sold - is it just a Boyd's or real wood? Any idea on all up weight.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    I'd be carefull
    48 2209 behind a 140 is stiff
    Please make sure you have a modern action.
    You say "stiff" I'd say stupid!