Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old 303 ammo

Old 303 ammo

Hi all,

Is there a market or interest in older 303 ammo? I've got 2 x 32 round 303 1966 Mk7 ammo in boxes and 1 x 1929 CAC mk7 rounds in a string pouch. Any idea what these are worth? Rounds are all in really good shape.

Cheers,
    Brad

Name:  IMG-3491.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  412.4 KB
    Name:  IMG-3496.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  757.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rs200nz View Post
    Hi all,

Is there a market or interest in older 303 ammo? I've got 2 x 32 round 303 1966 Mk7 ammo in boxes and 1 x 1929 CAC mk7 rounds in a string pouch. Any idea what these are worth? Rounds are all in really good shape.

Cheers,
    Brad

Attachment 214168
    Attachment 214169
    The early mk 7 is collectible. Say $20-30. The POF (Pakistani ordinance) I’ve only heard very bad things about…. Hang fires, high/excessive pressure and very corrosive) Probably the projectiles are salvageable.

What he said. The POF was crap when it was made as far as I knew, and unfortunately age was not kind. Click..........................Bang is the better of the failure modes, has been known to split cases, blow case heads, split necks and generally can be a bit of a lottery as far as firing. Accuracy is as good as the performance of the stuff on firing, if you get a good lot it is passable and meets soldiers specs but isn't a pinch on the CAC stuff. If you've got a batch that has all the tricks going on, minute of barn door (while inside the barn) if you're lucky.