Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: oryx projectiles

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Shouldn't you be reducing the amount you increase the charge as you get closer to maximum?
    I'm hoping Rigga's gonna tell us he meant 0.2gr!
    @rigga sorry I got your name wrong earlier. Ragga! Anyway, I'll be very very interested to know how you get on with the Oryx. Hoping you can maybe do us a bit of a review once you've shot a few of the destructive buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    I'm hoping Rigga's gonna tell us he meant 0.2gr!
    @rigga sorry I got your name wrong earlier. Ragga! Anyway, I'll be very very interested to know how you get on with the Oryx. Hoping you can maybe do us a bit of a review once you've shot a few of the destructive buggers.
    That would be an excellent idea, love those reviews especially those on animals we don't hear a lot about.

Yes Shearer that's right mate and that's what I will do thanks for that I ballsed it up I meant .2gr geez at 2gr I certainly would be looking for trouble
    I can't find a max load for 56gr 0ryx so I went between 150gr and 160gr projectiles and the max for the 150gr projectile was 66gr of 2217
    and the 16ogr was 68gr 2217 so I took an estimated guess the 156 would be around max 67gr 2217
    Max loads in the loading books are fairly conservative and can be passed if caution is taken and keep an eye out for pressure signs so .1gr-.2gr should get me there

cheers

Yeah Flyblown i'll do that mate and mate don't worry about the name I've been called worse than ragga especially when I stir the MRS up
    Should have a load worked up with the oryx by the weekend so can then start knocking something down with them and see how they go
    It's hard to get load info for the 7mm as so many people use different powders ,I only use adi powders as its works very well in my sako's in the 22-250
    I use Benchmark 2 and the 7mm AR 2217 both shoot .2-.4 moa @ 100yds although the 22-250 has had 3250 rounds through it and on a bad day it'll shoot .6
    only ever used 55gr vmax with 31.6gr B/M 2 which is min load I don't know how much longer she will shoot like that but I hope for awhile

cheers

I have used Oryx out of a 22-250. Have only head shot goats so far with them and haven't recovered any bullets.
    They punch massive holes in the bank. I was shooting into a clay bank @300m, they penetrated upwards of 70 cm. Great round.

The larger calibre bullets have nice blunt profiles for great early expansion.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk