Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bluecod1967
  • 1 Post By RugerM77

Thread: Out of true Lee case length gauge

Out of true Lee case length gauge

Just went to gauge about a hundred sized cases. Threaded gauge into trimmer and thought shit, that's not straight. Out by a country mile. Definitely going to cause issues. I have been in the habit of putting locking stud into cordless drill and whirring away. Possibly not a good idea. Going to replace it, but what does everyone else use?

send it back...they will replace it...I use them in most of my calibres with no issues. is it the male or female bit thats kinky???
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Had it for years @Micky Duck. Just this minute checked my .308 and .303 Lee case length gauges, they're both steel. The one giving me trouble is alloy, 7 x 57. The cutter , female is fine. I think I'm going to have to hunt for a steel gauge.

if you arent going to send it back (I cant say Ive ever seen an alloy one) find a nut with right thread,put nut in vice and tweak the sucker straight...it will either fix it or Fc*# it...either way nothing to loose.

i have a few of those lee cutters in different cals you can have if ya want not sure how many or cals check tommottow
    Micky Duck likes this.

good on ya Ken.....

i have a few of those lee cutters in different cals you can have if ya want not sure how many or cals check

@bluecod1967, thanks, appreciate it. @Micky Duck, good idea, but I suspect it will lean again, especially using a cordless.

@RugerM77 sorry mate i must have got rid of them at the last swap meet i went to bugger thought i still had them

@bluecod1967, thanks for checking, appreciate your effort. I'll put up a post in the buy,sell,swap section.
    Micky Duck likes this.

@bluecod1967, thanks mate, had a look, pretty sure they're alloy and my calibre's not there. Appreciate your effort though. Cheers