Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Question re primed cases

Having a clear out and found a some primed 556 cases from where i pulled the horrifying green tipped projectiles when tracers were banned a few years back.

Kept them with the intention of getting a 556 bolt as they were left over from the previous debacle when i lost the gun to use them in.

They have been stored well in a box nice and dry and are the PSD head stamp variety - from the ripped top of an original box they started life as K100 556 ball loaded in 1988.

I have no experience if this brass is reloadable or the type of primer pocket.

So the question is I am thinking of listing them but need to be happy that they would still be good to load and go or are they best thrown out/given free 'as is where is'?

its ok brass,used it for years....full disclosure of whats what and all is good..up to end user if they pop primers or load em as is and hope the ystill go bang.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

if you shine light into case and look..tricky I know,you should be able to see single central hole for primer blast.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Name:  Brass.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  47.0 KB

Good call - it seems to be so

Primers last decades long as they don't get damp. Used some up recently that I was given- they were ancient but all went bang happily.