Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: RCBS Chargemaster 1500 problem??

Baz
    Well........... I think I am making progress. I emailed RCBS direct with the problem etc and stated I would be happy to send it back.

First email reply was: Are you stateside?

Of course I emailed saying I was in New Zealand etc.

Just received a second email saying:

J, send us a picture of the unit with the serial # showing and a copy of your receipt and then another picture of the unit completely smashed. We will then send you another unit, that one must have an internal issue. Make sure to reply with your entire shipping address. Have a great day and enjoy your reloading.

Technical Service Department/rm
    ATK/RCBS Operation
    (800) 533-5000
    605 Oro Dam Blvd E.
    Oroville, CA 95965

Now that's customer service..... but i'm 50/50 right now. mmmmmm run it over with my ute?
    baldbob likes this.

As long as they are good to there word thats awesome service.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Shoot it with a load that it dispensed incorrectly. Seems appropriate.
    Last edited by Proudkiwi; 08-09-2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Baz likes this.

hahaha

Id hate to find it was april fools day over there
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Impure Lead Flinger
    JELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baz
    Google search 'RCBS customer service'. There is alot of good comments on RCBS and the company. Plenty of out of warranty parts getting replaced for free.

I bought mine a couple of years ago from sinclairs, i tried to run it on a 9v nz plug pack, but it didnt run well at all, ended up going back to the us 10v 1amp plug pack with an adapter ( the orginal one that shipped with the unit) and have never had any trouble with it at all, at 9v i dont think there's enough voltage to run the motor properly in trickle mode.

Baz
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Gunner View Post
    I bought mine a couple of years ago from sinclairs, i tried to run it on a 9v nz plug pack, but it didnt run well at all, ended up going back to the us 10v 1amp plug pack with an adapter ( the orginal one that shipped with the unit) and have never had any trouble with it at all, at 9v i dont think there's enough voltage to run the motor properly in trickle mode.
    I got in the 110v model, was alot cheaper than the 220v, Even the 110v plug pack shows and out put voltage of 9v 1000mA. Does yous show 10v on the plug pack?

I have had 2 emails from RCBS saying the same thing, smash, photos, recipet and they will send a new one.

Just trying to get the courage to smash it...........

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I got in the 110v model, was alot cheaper than the 220v, Even the 110v plug pack shows and out put voltage of 9v 1000mA. Does yous show 10v on the plug pack?

I have had 2 emails from RCBS saying the same thing, smash, photos, recipet and they will send a new one.

Just trying to get the courage to smash it...........

yep has got 10volt 1amp written on it.

I have been told of another that had an issue very very similar issue (by a reader but not member of here) and it turned out to be the power pack issue... He mentioned you should be using a power pack recomended by RCB's as that was the cause of his failure?

Might have to double check my setup to make sure the supply is matched up to the specs
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

did 36 rounds on saturday and had one fail to dispense the last .2g. A few I helped by tapping, (would have got there eventually though, was actually rotating) I use the mcdonalds straw trick now, heaps quite a lot.

Seems to be getting better with use?

Chris

Baz
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    I have been told of another that had an issue very very similar issue (by a reader but not member of here) and it turned out to be the power pack issue... He mentioned you should be using a power pack recomended by RCB's as that was the cause of his failure?

Might have to double check my setup to make sure the supply is matched up to the specs
    My power pack is 9v 600mA and puts out 9v on the mutli-meter, (well within specs in manual) cant see why 9v would be different from power pack to power pack??? May find another power pack and try that....

Quote Originally Posted by crnkin View Post
    did 36 rounds on saturday and had one fail to dispense the last .2g. A few I helped by tapping, (would have got there eventually though, was actually rotating) I use the mcdonalds straw trick now, heaps quite a lot.

Seems to be getting better with use?

Chris
    Mine wont even do one load, no movement in trickle stage at all and the TRICKLE button is a no go at any stage of use..... I think I will take RCBS's kind replacement offer. now to run it over with my ute.

Do it.

My trickle button doesn't work either. I set the specs so it only enters trickle mode for the last .2g, the second last speed usually gets it there on its own accord. If it doesn't, thats when it fails to dispense. If I set trickle to last .1g it overshoots.

Chris

R93
    Get a Pact system. Never had an issue with mine, yet strangely looks exactly like the RCBS. Tracy Short sells them...... I think.