Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: RCBS Chargemaster lite

Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    How did you get on @Hahn ?did you go ahead with the purchase?
    I'm still on the fence. I decided to load up my latest batch the old way. I'd like to buy local so might see what kind of price they are going for when be stock comes in. Hard to beat Amazon's price though especially now they operate in Australia and will probably be heading our way, for better or worse.

There is a new one out called the link, looks interesting with the bluetooth capability and App. Anyone know anything about it?

https://www.rcbs.com/priming-and-pow.../16-98944.html

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    I run the charge master lite and its great.
    @stagstalker - did that red Hornady one you used in some of your videos die?

Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    There is a new one out called the link, looks interesting with the bluetooth capability and App. Anyone know anything about it?

https://www.rcbs.com/priming-and-pow.../16-98944.html
    Another step to add problems. Keen to try the Lite but the 1500 is faithful and accurate as ever. Gotta love technology when you pump out 200 rounds at a time.
    zimmer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    @stagstalker - did that red Hornady one you used in some of your videos die?
    @308mate that is my mates one that I learnt on and used before getting my own setup
    308mate likes this.

Fair enough I think, great price but there's always the risk of the old "grey market". They look like an amazing bit of kit and a Charge master is definitely on my dream list, as in the you're dreaming list
    Hahn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahn View Post
    I thought Amazon was fairly trustworthy. The chargemaster lite is rated 4.7 out of 5 and sold/shipped by amazon themselves rather than a third party. Am I missing something here? Maybe it is too good to be true.
    I bought an item off of Amazon at a cost well over $100NZD plus shipping. Was faulty on arrival, actually, not as represented. My money was refunded quick sharp and a courier label provided to print out and return it at their cost. Hard to argue with. Not so sure how you would go on equipment failure down the track that ordinarily would be a warranty claim.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    I bought an item off of Amazon at a cost well over $100NZD plus shipping. Was faulty on arrival, actually, not as represented. My money was refunded quick sharp and a courier label provided to print out and return it at their cost. Hard to argue with. Not so sure how you would go on equipment failure down the track that ordinarily would be a warranty claim.
    With Amazon moving into this part of the world and being an authorised retailer shipping directly to NZ maybe they would honour the warranty themselves... Might be worth an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    but there's always the risk of the old "grey market".
    This is being sold by the official RCBS Amazon store so I don't understand "grey market".

Distribution channels and value chains can come to terms with the changes wrought by direct to consumer sales and the vast amount of knowledge available on youtube say, or not.

If paying 40% more makes for peace of mind so be it. But i'll be more than happy to keep $200 in my pocket and take the "risk".

Cheers
    Hahn likes this.

I bought a charge master lite off Amazon turned up a couple weeks ago very happy with it scales are throwing consistent numbers and checked on beam scale all checks out. Happy customer

Quote Originally Posted by on2it View Post
    This is being sold by the official RCBS Amazon store so I don't understand "grey market".

Distribution channels and value chains can come to terms with the changes wrought by direct to consumer sales and the vast amount of knowledge available on youtube say, or not.

If paying 40% more makes for peace of mind so be it. But i'll be more than happy to keep $200 in my pocket and take the "risk".

Cheers
    I don't think it is the RCBS store just has links to their website referenced as manufacturers website, not sellers. Then when you read the comments people can't get hold of anyone when have problems.

And here's a quote from disgruntled purchaser from the reviews on the same page
    "Contacted RBCS directly, they told me sorry charlie contact the seller. It has been 2 going on 3 weeks now and no responce. I would advise against buying form this seller as they don't reply to customer issues. I am sure the product itself im sure is a lemon form the factory, as the rest of my RCBS products have never had an issue."
    Last edited by SkiHunt; 04-09-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahn View Post
    I'm still on the fence. I decided to load up my latest batch the old way. I'd like to buy local so might see what kind of price they are going for when be stock comes in. Hard to beat Amazon's price though especially now they operate in Australia and will probably be heading our way, for better or worse.
    Send Reece at Serious Shooters an email eh. You're right to be looking at one of these as they're pretty damned good. Cortina did a pretty thorough test and found they're within 2 kernels of perfect, having an automatic trickler cut that to within 1 kernel. That's about 2ft/s difference .... (or 3/5ths of FA as we say in Aus)