Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruger PC-9

Ruger PC-9

Hi team
    i was wondering if any one shoots with a PC-9 and if you reload for it?? intrested in peoples results as i have just got mine back after my MAE suppressor on it blew up using factory highland ammo....
    It was there older suppressor which they had machined the tolerances too tight so a bullet clipped the side of it and it was game over sounded like a ricochet right in front of me . but to be fair they have come to the party and replaced it free of charge
    so i have around 500 seira 9mm 115grain hp projectiles and some vihtavori N320 powder. I usually load about 3.8grains into it and its going 995fps with out the suppressor. but havent really pushed it as such the max i have got up to was 4.5 grains which was on average 1250fps just woondering if anyone else has had a go loading fro a 9mm carbine and what sort of proformance they were getting.
    cheers

If you've got it suppressed you may as well go as heavy as you can and run subsonics...? Not like the trajectory is going to be greatly better with supersonic loads and you might as well have it ~silent~

yeah i will move up to heavier pill after i finnish the 500 odd seira projectiles that i got in the militria auction in wellys in april. i just couldnt turn them down for 100bucks that was all i know the hornady 115grain at subsonic hit well but didnt penitrate far enough at over 75yrd shots so why i was asking if anyone had any experiance with it. i did buy some military subsonic rounds and boy they cycled well and mad no noise apart from the bolt slap. rather impressive to shoot down the range on club night..

Yip, been there done that. Not much of a hunting weapon as the 9mm isn't a great killer. But lots of fun and dirt cheap to run.

I used 115gr and 125(?)gr blue washed lead pills from Serious shooters and they worked as well as anything else out there. 3.8gr on N320 got just under sub velocity.

I've still got 2 mags that may be of interest to you? PM me if you're in the market?

Kj

Look into a heavy bullet , maybe a mold and cast your own , you should be looking at 150-158gr round nose

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Look into a heavy bullet , maybe a mold and cast your own , you should be looking at 150-158gr round nose
    I concur. great weight for 357/38 too. For varmints would it be worth while going to TCs or RFs(if they cycled ok)?

Cool thanks for the heads up guys i will look at the heavier pills once i have been though 500 i have. I may see if the old boy who makes projectiles for us down the club to see what he can do for me with a heavier pill. He makes great round nose 115grain ones that shoot well and he said he had a few more different molds.
    cheers for all the feedback so far