Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rated M for Magnum
  • 1 Post By Philb

Thread: Sako A7, magazine

Sako A7, magazine

Hi wondering if anyone knows if you can buy a bigger magazine for my a7. 7-08 .?
    Or buy a spare . Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Philb View Post
    Hi wondering if anyone knows if you can buy a bigger magazine for my a7. 7-08 .?
    Or buy a spare . Cheers
    Atlas works do a bottom metal so you an use a aics mag

@Philb Bloody Hell mate if you had posted a couple of days earlier l could have got one thrown in with the gear l am getting from the US.

I have had a Sako A7 left to me by a mate who passed in the US & a 7/08 Mod 7 his son does not want & one of the first things l was asked by the shippers was do l want a spare mag for the A7 or other small items for anything added,but it already had one & l do not really think l will use it much apart from special hunts to remember my mate .

Have you used your A7 much & do you like it ? Anything you would look at upgrading?
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by country cuts View Post
    Atlas works do a bottom metal so you an use a aics mag
    Holy shit they finally made one for the A7! Hopefully they'll make a long action one soon
    dannyb likes this.

a7 70-8 mag .

Hi Been very happy with the a7. like alot about it ,only shame is the small mag capacity. nice feel stock accurate.
    I now have a thermal on it, suppressor, quick release bi-pod, very successful on pigs and deer on my block.
    Be great to have a few more rounds when i come across more than 3 !! well 4 if one up....
    didnt understand reply that someone makes one ..metal plate.. will try to investigate.
    Sure you'll be happy with the A7. the 7-08 cal is great too. cheers

I have had a Sako A7 left to me by a mate who passed in the US & a 7/08 Mod 7 his son does not want & one of the first things l was asked by the shippers was do l want a spare mag for the A7 or other small items for anything added,but it already had one & l do not really think l will use it much apart from special hunts to remember my mate .

Have you used your A7 much & do you like it ? Anything you would look at upgrading?[/QUOTE]

Hi pardon my ignorance, lack of knowledge ,but is Atlas same as biopod people ? and bottom metal is that a replacement, or alteration. Cheers, Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Philb View Post
    Hi pardon my ignorance, lack of knowledge ,but is Atlas same as biopod people ? and bottom metal is that a replacement, or alteration. Cheers, Appreciate it
    Atlasworx is a different company in Australia Google them and have a look they are pretty good to deal with

��

Hi,
    Can I please ask best place or who sells the Aics magazines ? I’ve never heard of them. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    Holy shit they finally made one for the A7! Hopefully they'll make a long action one soon
    What a game changer for the a7 even in short action, but agree long action would be sweet too
    #DANNYCENT

Thankyou for the replies have contacted for the new bottom plate but now need to find a source for a Aics magazine. Cheers
    dannyb likes this.

TheGunrack or Target Dynamics would be the go for AICS magazines, both are NZ companies and good to deal with.

Thankyou willlokk them up

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    @Philb Bloody Hell mate if you had posted a couple of days earlier l could have got one thrown in with the gear l am getting from the US.

Have you used your A7 much & do you like it ? Anything you would look at upgrading?
    Funnily enough, the magazine. The metal feed lips become stretched and spill the rounds. Annoying.