Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sourcing reloading components

If you can get small rifle primer brass, they are a bit easier to get primers for

Fiocchi primers I have had no issues in a number if bolt rifles. 30-30 lever does not like them so much. Seem to be a bit harder than others.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Quote Originally Posted by country cuts View Post
    If you can get small rifle primer brass, they are a bit easier to get primers for
    Thanks for the offer its much appreciated in the times of short supply. I have managed to get a fairly decent amount of RWS magnum primers of another member so in the interests of working up a load and staying with those component I have gone with this one.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    I can spare you a box of federal F210, if you happen to be in Wellington, or someone can pick it up for you. not sure about posting this
    Thanks for the offer its much appreciated in the times of short supply. I have managed to get a fairly decent amount of RWS magnum primers of another member so in the interests of working up a load and staying with those component I have gone with this one.
    hey likes this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Posting primers is fine
    hey likes this.

57JL
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    With the ever increasing cost of factory ammo and the slightly improved supply of reloading component I have decided to go back to reloading for my 6.5 Creedmoor's.
    Supply of components in the Far North is pretty well non existent but I am about to make a return trip to Palmerston North for the CD Fieldays.
    Can anyone on here help me out with possible sources along the way for powder (AR2209), Projectiles 143gn ELDX and primers preferably CCI or Federal large rifle.
    I have gone for the ADI powder because it looks like ongoing supply of this brand will be better than the American brands.
    The biggest issue is the powder, this is the only thing which cannot be bought online and couriered. Hopefully someone knows of stocks in the Auckland, Hamilton, Taupo, Palmerston North areas.
    start with reloader supplies in Auckland they had some pick it up on the way

57JL
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    Yeah I see the Fiocchi primers. Has anyone here used them.
    they work fine

Last time I was in gun works they were well stocked with all sorts of reloading bits, wrong island I know but they may have bits you want. Ring them don’t try the website is best

Quote Originally Posted by Fat ninja View Post
    Last time I was in gun works they were well stocked with all sorts of reloading bits, wrong island I know but they may have bits you want. Ring them don’t try the website is best
    they specifically ask you NOT to ring them and to order off the website.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

gunworks can ship primers to the north island now too
    Good, Fast, Cheap....choose any 2.