Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Stuck case heeeeelp!

man ive literally smacked the shit out of it aye and it wont come out. tried the drill tap method and it threaded itself trying to wind itself out. aweeesome. running out of options haha . I can just necksize new, unfired brass (nosler) in the meantime and go shoot aye? itll be factory FL sized wouldnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by ARdave View Post
    man ive literally smacked the shit out of it aye and it wont come out. tried the drill tap method and it threaded itself trying to wind itself out. aweeesome. running out of options haha . I can just necksize new, unfired brass (nosler) in the meantime and go shoot aye? itll be factory FL sized wouldnt it?
    Try and chamber one to check mate,
    Should be good to go after a neck size
    ARdave likes this.

Reminds me of my hornady one shot spray lube incident ended up having to buy a new FL die and a new press because I snapped the one I was using trying to get the cunt out with a stuck case remover.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

The one case I got stuck in a F/L die wouldn't even come out with the stuck case remover drill and tap tool etc.
    Managed to do it on 23 Dec, so had to wait until after the holiday break so I could order a new Forster die from Sinclairs.

So far I'm up to this score card:

Forster .308 F/L die, case still stuck in it 20 months later.
    Lyman decapping die, broken rod (off centre mil surp flash hole) - anybody want the body for this?
    Lee decapping die, broken rod (off centre mil surp flash hole) - anybody want the body for this?
    Redding .223 F/L, broken rod (off centre mil surp flash hole), but have a new rod for it
    Lee .223 Collet die, busted alloy cap on top (stripped thread) Lee replaced spare part
    Lee .270 Collet die, busted alloy cap on top (stripped thread) Lee replaced spare part
    Welcome to Sako club.

Iv got a spare set of 280 dies that will never get used, the seating die has never seen a case

gave it to one of my staff and he popped it out with the drill tap and washer trick like a little smart ass cunt

id drilled, crushed the end off with the vice grips and hammered the shit out of it. prick done it in less than 5min

did i mention it was the first case thru the set of dies?

ah well my new lyman dies are much nicer anyway

P38
    ARdave

Here's how to remove your stuck case.

Removing a stuck case from the decapping die - YouTube

But use a M8 bolt instead of the M5.

Cheers
    Pete
    BRADS likes this.

+1
    8mm minimum

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    The one case I got stuck in a F/L die wouldn't even come out with the stuck case remover drill and tap tool etc.
    Managed to do it on 23 Dec, so had to wait until after the holiday break so I could order a new Forster die from Sinclairs.

Lyman decapping die, broken rod (off centre mil surp flash hole) - anybody want the body for this?
    Lee decapping die, broken rod (off centre mil surp flash hole) - anybody want the body for this?
    Redding .223 F/L, broken rod (off centre mil surp flash hole), but have a new rod for it
    Lee .223 Collet die, busted alloy cap on top (stripped thread) Lee replaced spare part
    Lee .270 Collet die, busted alloy cap on top (stripped thread) Lee replaced spare part
    What size is your decaping die?
    I broke the threaded piece out of a lee 223 die trying to pop crimped primers out, and decaping pin. Got a new pin and thread locker thinking sweet I'm set to go. Get home and argh fuck the thread in the die body was shot also. Not going to bother with cheap mil surp brass anymore.

Oh is the above die I asked about just for decaping?
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Yep, just a decapping die.

All yours if you want it/them.
    Welcome to Sako club.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post

Dogmatix

If you want to send me your 308 die, I'll see if I can get that case out for you and send it back.

Cheers
    Pete

one sticky plaster , 2 nights and 20 beers later...... Victory!! cheers for all the help guys, the oversized drill and tap + hammer of thor technique worked in the end

Name:  IMG_0293[1].jpg
Views: 688
Size:  854.4 KB
    ebf likes this.

ebf
    The hammer of Thor always works, you obviously were not putting your weight behind it
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by ARdave View Post
    one sticky plaster , 2 nights and 20 beers later...... Victory!! cheers for all the help guys, the oversized drill and tap + hammer of thor technique worked in the end

Attachment 13608
    Awesome work ARDave

Now you'll know how to get your next stuck case out quickly with out loosing too much skin and before you settle down for the night with ya Beers.

Cheers
    Pete
    ARdave likes this.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you have a electrical problem.(the factory hands motto)

ARdave and mikee like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    If you can't fix it with a hammer you have a electrical problem.(the factory hands motto)

And If you fill you r"bombs" with water regularly, you will make my employer really happy. Another one coming in tomorrow
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.