Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Targex 6.5mm

targex
    For anyone wanting them the 120gr HP/BT 6.5mm are available now too.
    Cheers

Anyone used the 140grn 6.5 yet i can't wait to give them a spin in the Creedmoor

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

targex
    I have but I'm probably bias
    In my creedmoor I cant get the 140gr to shoot over half inch unless its my fault on the rifle, they shoot a lot tighter than half inch if you want to get the loads sorted.
    My rifle likes 39-40gr ADI2209 as the best loads with 140gr so far.
    Not length sensitive either, in that rifle I am loading to clear the magazine.
    I'm not really the best person to ask though, hopefully you'll get some independent feedback from some others using them.
    Cheers, Bryn

I will be soon…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

Yup, got me some from Bryn a few weeks ago so thought I had better see what they are capable of today. No load development, no nothing, just copied my 143 loads. Took the rifle down to the range at lunchtime after remounting the scope. Five shots later was all sighted in so sent 5 rounds of my previous load downrange to make sure the rifle was grouping. Had a 3-4kph wind from right to left and this is what I got -
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_b98.jpeg
Views: 470
Size:  1.18 MB

After work, I thought I'd try another couple of loads, one the same as previous, but seated to mag length of 2.85. This time I had a gusty following wind that was varying from left to right, not ideal.
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_b9e.jpeg
Views: 463
Size:  1.20 MB

And then a second using Superformance -
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_b9f.jpeg
Views: 459
Size:  1.23 MB

Im more than happy with the results, all 3 are 5 shot groups, all are moa. But I should just stick to 4 shot groups cos that last shot is is the one that opens the group up from 18 to 27 mm. Shot at 100 metres, not yards.
    Seventenths and 25/08 IMP like this.

that deer is dead...dead...and deader than a dead thing.
    looks like you fellas are onto a real winner here.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Just need to confirm the load but it looks pretty promising. Exactly the same as my 140gr eld-m load. Forgot my chronograph but should be right around 2700fps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tahr, outdoorlad, gqhoon and 5 others like this.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

140 grn Targex in my Sako Creedmoor with Hodgdon superprofrmance 4 different powder weights, with speeds running from 2785 to 2806fps

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08 IMP View Post
    140 grn Targex in my Sako Creedmoor with Hodgdon superprofrmance 4 different powder weights, with speeds running from 2785 to 2806fps

Amazing.
    25/08 IMP and Avopik like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08 IMP View Post

My son shot 2 deer on 22 december with 95gr Targex. Both on the run and thru the neck. They not only catch up to deer quickly they deck them in a hurry. Not surprised at what the bigger pill does.
    Tahr and Avopik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Yup, got me some from Bryn a few weeks ago so thought I had better see what they are capable of today. No load development, no nothing, just copied my 143 loads. Took the rifle down to the range at lunchtime after remounting the scope. Five shots later was all sighted in so sent 5 rounds of my previous load downrange to make sure the rifle was grouping. Had a 3-4kph wind from right to left and this is what I got -
    Attachment 212358

After work, I thought I'd try another couple of loads, one the same as previous, but seated to mag length of 2.85. This time I had a gusty following wind that was varying from left to right, not ideal.
    Attachment 212359

And then a second using Superformance -
    Attachment 212360

Im more than happy with the results, all 3 are 5 shot groups, all are moa. But I should just stick to 4 shot groups cos that last shot is is the one that opens the group up from 18 to 27 mm. Shot at 100 metres, not yards.
    So that's established that they work well on paper

Now I'm looking forward to seeing some results on large edible mobile targets

targex
    Thats the beauty of the most accurately made jackets in the world (Berger J4's).
    All being made on the same sets of dies & I do try to do the best I can when I'm making the them.
    Good shooting too cause I can't help with that at all!
    Tahr, veitnamcam, Dreamer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TARGEX View Post
    Thats the beauty of the most accurately made jackets in the world (Berger J4's).
    All being made on the same sets of dies & I do try to do the best I can when I'm making the them.
    Good shooting too cause I can't help with that at all!
    Thanks Bryn you do make an excellent projectile.
    I think that's all I'll be using in my two rifles from now on.
    If only you could get more 80 grn in .223.
    Although the 69grn do shoot well, if only i didn't pull the third shot of the five fired

targex
    All good, the 69gr are a nice bullet. I will eventually have 80gr again but it hinges on when Bergers make a new run of the jackets & they become available.
    With all that's been going on the last year or two who knows when that will be.
    Good luck with the 140gr, looks like your not going to have any trouble getting them going right.
    Did some more testing in my rifle with the 140gr the other day & 40gr ADI2209 seems to be the sweet spot in mine for accuracy.
    Will obviously vary in other rifles, they seem to be very length tolerant too, not needing a lot of messing around.
    The 120gr are exactly the same ogive so seating depths will most likely stay the same as loads worked up for the 140gr & vice versa.
    Hope this helps anyone using them.
    Cheers, Bryn
    Tahr, Dreamer and 25/08 IMP like this.

sneakywaza I got
    Now if there were just some 95's about........