Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Transiting through Australia with Projectiles

when my bro came down in May,no worries flying domestically with rounds BUT on way home they said he wasnt allowed to take home his EMPTY 7mm mag brass..... he unpacked his luggage and got them out,and then the supervisor came along and corrected the staff member and sanity prevailed..cases went back in plastic round holder and bags dissapeared up conveyor......
    CBH Australia likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Transiting through Australia with Projectiles

Theoretically you need a dept of defence export form for projectiles to be sent out of oz. However if they were copper plugs for fixing tanks they would be ok. Go figure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    will.i.em and CBH Australia like this.

SkiHunt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    The only transit place I know where it could be a problem is Singapore. Aussie, no problem but beware of ignorant and officious customs/security staff who may 'try it on'.
    Didn't someone recently get a criminal record for transiting through Singapore with a spear gun? I seem to remember he regrets using the word "gun" when dealing with staff at some counter.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Sako has done a run of 7x33 brass and projectiles. They're available in Aussi. Any one know how I can get some sent here?

dumb as it may sound...ring/email shop that has them and ask them to work out whats needed and then send to you ... gee the world has become overcomplicated as of late...mate sent me big bag of .12ga wads with no issues a year or 10 back..... that mongrel B.T. has alot to answer for.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Tried that Aussi shops cant export them.
    Micky Duck and CBH Australia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    Most things firearm related need an import permit and an export permit to get them in and out of Aussie, I even had customs count the number of projectiles I was taking in once. I also had Customs take my firearm off me going into the country once, because they couldn't get hold of the range to verify I was attending a shooting event, sorted the following day.
    Exiting Aussie I have only had them checking the firearm and matching serial number to what is on the export paperwork, I can't recall them ever counting cases or projectiles when leaving Aussie.

Take a trip to Aussie, spend some time registering to export firearms and then go and buy what you want and bring it back.
    Before investigating the process I didn't understand the reference 'register to export'. What a mission!!

From the Australian Border Force website, transhipping doesn't require an import permit, but does require an export permit. This can either be a department of defence export permit or a restricted goods permit (RGP).

As far as I can tell, it's not possible to apply for a DEC if you haven't been in Australia to register with the department of defence. There are so many hoops!!

I'm going to call the ABF to get clarification on the use of a RGP for Projectiles only. The language in the permit implies it can only be used when accompanied with a firearm.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck and CBH Australia like this.

Sounds like a pain. If it were a pack of ball bearings you wouldn't think twice.
    Wasn't thinking as I wrote that but don't try carrying a slingshot in certain states they are prohibited.

There are 2 au states that no one can send pills or cases to now the bloody place is nuts .
    Micky Duck likes this.

So... No rpg's, std's or DEC's...or DIC ,unless you're with the DOD or the ABF which might allow a RGP ? Sounds straightforward enough. (yes...it IS raining here )
    Muttonguts likes this.