Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W760

W760

Does anybody use this powder? Any issues like the Reloader series has with temp changes? Or any other issues?

I've never noticed anything wrong with it.

Was using it in the .243, preferred a the magnum primer to get more consistant fps. Never really tested for temp sensitivity as I developed the load mid summer and rarely shot it over 200m. Probably worth doing a test on that issue at your end of the country though.

I've always liked it. Worst thing is that it is quite dirty. It's very close to 2209 for burn rate.
    Has worked well for me in 7/08, especially with 120 grn Sierra and Nosler. Also 22.250 and .243.

Friend of mine uses it in his .270 loads. Very consistent over the chrony and very accurate. Have contemplated trying it in .243, because of how easy it would meter, but have always read how temp sensitive Win powder is.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Was using it in the .243, preferred a the magnum primer to get more consistant fps. Never really tested for temp sensitivity as I developed the load mid summer and rarely shot it over 200m. Probably worth doing a test on that issue at your end of the country though.
    Do you have other side effects when using mag primers in general? So for the same powder charge there isn't an increase in pressure? might try it as my vel. spread is crazy high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I've always liked it. Worst thing is that it is quite dirty. It's very close to 2209 for burn rate.
    Has worked well for me in 7/08, especially with 120 grn Sierra and Nosler. Also 22.250 and .243.
    And its cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I've never noticed anything wrong with it.
    Are you using it in that 6.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Friend of mine uses it in his .270 loads. Very consistent over the chrony and very accurate. Have contemplated trying it in .243, because of how easy it would meter, but have always read how temp sensitive Win powder is.
    Hmm that is the first I have read on temp sensitivity, maybe I should read wider...

Isn,t it H414, I,ve ordered some and Wayne Chapman told me it,s H 414 which is temperature sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Do you have other side effects when using mag primers in general? So for the same powder charge there isn't an increase in pressure? might try it as my vel. spread is crazy high.
    swapping to the mag primers the av fps went up about 70fps and variation down to about 30fps. I had no pressure issues but I don't load go near max loads.

It is often said on overseas forums that 760 is temp sensitive, haven't down enough testing to see for myself and really our temp variations aren't that big compared to central USA etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Are you using it in that 6.5?
    Used it in my swed and 300wsm. Have loads in the AI with it too but yet to test them. Hopefully my suppressor gets here by this weekend and I'll try it then

I pretty much use it solely now great powder
    if you cant get w760 H414 is exactly the same all the load data is 100% same stated pressures and everything

GWH
    Im using H414 in my 260, and it gets good velocity and accuracy. Haven't had enough experience with it yet to comment on temp sensitivity tho.

Sent from my GT-I8190T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    Isn,t it H414, I,ve ordered some and Wayne Chapman told me it,s H 414 which is temperature sensitive.
    H414 and W760 are as pointed out the same, nowadays. I am not sure if 760 morphed into H414 or the other way round.
    However, older batches of 760 may not be exactly the same as the latest 760/H414 brews.
    And yes, they/it has a reputation for being temp sensitive. I have never experienced any issues though and I run one load using 760 that is reasonably well up there. I also don't leave my ammo lying around frying in the sun either.