Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What’s your opinion on reloading gears

Banned
    I seat a bullet while the scale swings on the next charge and trickle up
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Same here. For example, I use 3 different brands of dies when I reload 223.
    Right now my Hornady Progressive is set for 9mm with a mix of Lee, Redding and Hornady dies.

On my 3 benches I have Lyman, RCBS, Hornady, Redding, Forster, Frankford Arsenal and Lee equipment and dies.

I think people get really caught up on just having one brand, but you really do not need to.

I would say the brand I have been not as impressed with over time and has underperformed is RCBS and the brand that has overperformed beyond my expectations is Frankford Arsenal.
    10-Ring and rewa like this.

I started with the Lee Anniversary kit. I eventually replaced the scales and had to replace the press when the piece holding the arm/lever broke. I still use the powder thrower for reloading 9mm Luger. The hand primer is still going strong and so is the powder funnel. I don't use the Lee lube anymore either.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    ...I would say the brand I have been not as impressed with over time and has underperformed is RCBS and the brand that has overperformed beyond my expectations is Frankford Arsenal.
    Same here on the RCBS. Never been impressed by their dies and some other accessories. Their presses are okay. Haven't used any RCBS dies for at least 30 years.
    rewa likes this.

Aghh.........the Lee Snot. I used it exclusively for many years ( i'd say over 20 but not sure) for tumble lubing my 30cal flat base bullets for my 32Mag T/C pistol. Yip, got get the dose right ( use very little) and work with it warmed up in a plastic zip-lock bag and I guess a teaspoon would do probably 100 - 150 30 cal 165 grain bullets.
    The temptation is to use a lot more cause it is hard to believe the minimal amount you actually do need is enough to stop barrel leading. Never had leading issues with it and it would save a new reloader some dollars upfront using the Lee push through sizers and Lee Snot should they wish to shoot lead.

S orry.........in response to MickyDucks hate of the toothpaste tube of Lee bullet lube.

northdude
    ive never actually had a problem using it either