Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: .22 Cleaning

I clean my old TOZ17 rifle about every 500 rounds or if Im going to not use it awhile. I make up a solvent called EDs red which has to be about the best stuff Ive ever used. I pull a bronze wool wad thru the bore and the amount of lead that comes out isnt so much as it used to be. After using EDS red you can store a rifle for a year or so with no rust issue. The TOZ has particually good steel and has always been a tack driver. I used to shoot with a guy back in the 70's and we shot a lot of possums ,all head shots thru the right eye. He used a 10/22 and never cleaned it untill he started needing 2 shots.Ive put several hundred thousand rounds thru this TOZ and have kept it while getting rid of the others. I think it pays to keep your firearms clean and in good condition. A regular cleaning will show up any developing problems. That reminds me, anyone got a spare mag for a TOZ.
    veitnamcam likes this.