Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 300m hare gun

Guess what, me too. Ol' thread.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Jesus, a hare that’s good at telling time and showing up, sounds more desirable than workers who can’t tell the time.

I take pity on the hares, they only give out 1 offspring per cycle don’t they ? I usually let them go, they are pretty neat.

Hope you don’t let him go to waste if you drop him.
    trooper90 likes this.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by bumblefoot View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a hand-wringing vegan...... Unless it's munching up trees etc and being a nuisance just enjoy seeing it about..... They are pretty cool to see loping about....

But otherwise intercept him with the 22; lie down wearing a pair of green overalls; they're pretty easy to crawl up on.

When I was a kid we had a .20 (yes .20) bolt action Sheridan pump up air rifle. Due to Muldoon's import laws the pellets became unavailable. .22 slugs were too big; and .177 were too small and fell out of the barrel if you pointed it down. But they were the only option.....

It was accurate with V-sight to about 5m; 10m was stretching the accuracy and power! So I had to stalk to within about that distance to have any joy. Of course, headshots were mandatory. I'd hate to say how many rabbits and hares I got with that old gun, but it did entail a lot of crawling on your belly while wearing green overalls! I even nailed a stoat with it as it climbed up a barberry hedge looking for nests!
    Fuck...thats dedication..I stalked a cock-pheasant for 2 weeks,(12yr-old at the time) never got him, and he constantly took-the-piss, knowing I was after him. Got royally bollocked when my Uncle realised what I was up to (.22) and yep, nicer to watch him , beats an empty hill-side

Haha..just figured the "died of old age" comment

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    The Hare has probably died of old age by now.
    Lmao, I just fell off my chair.