Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By MassiveAttack
  • 2 Post By northdude
  • 1 Post By Friwi

Thread: Any open farms for varmint ingredients? (Auckland region)

Any open farms for varmint ingredients? (Auckland region)

Hey guys

I've set up a Ruger American .22lr with a 3-9 Vortex with inbuilt BDC (not suppressed) and am looking for places to do a bit of rabbit or other pest eradication. Now I've had older folks say the usual "just get out that and knock on some farmers doors!", but I think those days are well past as I've heard a couple of bad encounters from people doing the same (anti gun farmers, who knew?)

As a quick character reference I'd consider myself to be easy going, and well mannered with a high level of firearms safety usually following a 180 degree rule with houses around etc .

I'm based in Papakura, South auckland but will drive out to places such as Kawakawa Bay out east and Waiuku south west (so like 30-40 minutes) and will be able to shoot on weekends or the odd week day after work at sun down.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
    Macca

Think you will find it hard to get on with all the H&S issues, guys whose properties that I've had hunting access for numerous years haven't stopped me but get concerned it I bring someone not known to them, even though it wasn't an issue in the past.

Ejected
    Don't let a few nos stop you. Get out and knock on doors.

northdude
    Face to face is better a lot of farmers wouldn't spent all day on the internet looking for someone that wants to shoot on their farm you need to go to them go with a good attitude and be professional about it and you'll find somewhere
    Wirehunt and tetawa like this.

Well my auto correct screwed me over for the title haha

Ejected
    H&S is all hunters enemy. You are all warned.

If only shooting varmint was part of h& s, Like the foxes carrying rabies in Europe , that would help:-)
    Wirehunt likes this.