Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Atv shooting rest

Quote Originally Posted by keen fella View Post
    You could always get one of these:
    RAMŽ ATV/UTV Spotlight : Cabela's
    I was originally going to do this but haven't been doing as much night shooting recently so have held off.
    I have been thinking about getting one of those from CanAm they sell em too.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    I have been thinking about getting one of those from CanAm they sell em too.
    What's contact detail for them UN?

Can-Am have dealers through out the country. my dealer would happily post one up. Stewart farming and recreation in timaru 021 533 144 Ben. Ive just ordered one i might get two and hard wire them to the bike. They would also be great for checking cows at night during calving. I will tell u if they are any good when it arrives next week!

Cool thanks. Look forward to your thoughts on them . Their website tells you bugger all ...

The reviews with that link are not too flash on the quality of the light. The mounts are good though. I have just received a heap of headlights for checking cows during calving. Gave my brother in law one for use on the farm and now everyone is getting one.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I have just received a heap of headlights for checking cows during calving.
    That begs the following questions. How many heads do you have .... and .... how many cows do you have?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    That begs the following questions. How many heads do you have .... and .... how many cows do you have?
    One and none, in that order. But the brother in law has something like 660 of the latter. The headlamp is great on the quad, good for 75-100m and when he gets to an animal that needs attention he can adjust to a flood setting and lower the power. Leaves his hands free and they are so comfortable he keeps forgetting it is on his head. With 4 hours on a battery charge they are great on that score too. Much better than the Lensar that he has retired after not very long.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The reviews with that link are not too flash on the quality of the light. The mounts are good though. I have just received a heap of headlights for checking cows during calving. Gave my brother in law one for use on the farm and now everyone is getting one.
    Change of lamp maybe GM cos i do like the look of the mount ?

Think wide at the top where you rest the gun, and not too high. Too high youll loose a lot of shots because of body position, especially in hilly country. Shooing downhill become difficult. . lower offers more flexibility because you have your spine working for you.. Wide = faster target acquisition because you don't have to turn the bike full on to the target. Think padded also. Hard give you a lot of vibration transferred through to the firearm. Soft give you a lot of cushioning..

Thanks Headcase i brought Keen fellas one and was already thinking about putting a wide bar on top. I will improve it as i go.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Change of lamp maybe GM cos i do like the look of the mount ?
    I have one of their mounts for the GPS in the vehicles and they are very very good.

Hows it mate, is that rest still up for grabs, where abouts are you located?