Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: cci stinger

i nailed 4 possums at 4pm one day with that wee stirling.horny wee doe ran along tree trunkand flashed it.first buckwas hard up behind herand just ready to mount when I ended his stud career with a headshot.
    bugger me ,the next luvly boy leapt in and mounted her -one thrust ,"bang" off he fell on top of mr big ,the next bastard scrambled up and snarled at me -yup i ended the conversation.
    she ,highly pissed climbed a little branch and spat -I,or at least the stirling spat back.
    4 nil to stirling in as many minutes
    landlord who was milkin the cows not 50yds away ,heard me and came down for a looksee. very impressed with my efforts.He was forever puttin buns in mummies oven so i had a permanent job keep in the willows in the house paddock clear of possums,as their bloody scraps&rootin kept the kids awake!many a fine nights shooting i had on that farm,especially with the dynapoint diva!
    Mangle likes this.

northdude
    tried stingers never would group in my rifles I had a cz99 really nice rifle the trigger adjusts down nicely and a sear polish makes it a mean shooter if you go to light on the trigger the safety wont engage not a problem for me I don't use one as I never carry a rifle around cocked its only like that before I fire if you have accuracy problems let me know and ill let you know what to check

For me, accuracy and effect have been better with the Segmented hypervelocity 32gr.

My pet load for hunting however is 40gr CCI segmented sub, it will instantly tip over anything a 22 has any business shooting at, and with very low report.

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    yip, the stinger is good for harder critters like possums, my favourite round for the job.
    +1 using 10/22 CCI Subs for bunnies to 50m

I rection those stingers are shit hot!!me old dirty stirling loves them and they pack a good punch

Had an old Remington with a 26 inch barrel, it is the only 22lr that shot CCI stingers moderately well, others - Ruger 10/22, Marlin XT, Bruno 2E all shot badly. Been reading lately that lead projectiles can only be driven so fast before things get pear shaped, certainly the case with air rifles 1000 ftps is no good if you can't hit anything. Been down the high speed route, now straying back to more weight & balanced accuracy. Although did enjoy the the wow factor of blasting things.

Every rifle, centrefire or rimfire (.22), has a brand of ammo that it shoots best with. Sorry guys, but to tap that potential you should buy (or borrow) a selection of ammo and try for tight groups over a variety of ranges (25, 50, 100m) to find the ammo that's best suited to your rifle. So the question, "What's the best ammo for...rifle," can only be answered by you! I own 16 .22 rifles, and each one has one brand of ammo that it shoots accurately! I go for 75 m as the optimum range for a .22. I had a BRNO Model 2 that loved Stingers, but I found Stingers demolished bunnies!

Way back when, and I was still wet behind the ears, I had a Czech CBC bolt action 22. I fed it stingers because, at the time they were cheap. Iron sights, never worried about how the rifle grouped. If I pulled the trigger, and what I aimed at stopped moving permanently, that was ok by me. They were mean bullets, and stopped big bull possums in their tracks, and still bought down bunnies one paddock away.