Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Trout
  • 1 Post By Jusepy

Thread: COMETA FUSION .177

COMETA FUSION .177

Been fine tuneing my shooting skills with this bunny shooter.Shot a lot of rabbits,but needed to be more accurate.Im getting better on the trigger and learning to hold,fire with very little movement and follow thru nicely.
    At 30yds larger group aiming at centre of one inch dot below.Hmmm group quiet big,so twinked in a 1/2 white dot in the middle of larger black dot.Dialled down to be 1" high at 30yds.
    So they reckn aim small,get smaller groups.Got a nice little group gives me 1"low at 43yds,3"low at 50yds.Rifle a very straight shooter.Name:  20210429_124930.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  77.8 KB
    Mintie, MB and RabbitStu like this.

To shoot a powerful springer accurately a consistent, light hold is essential. Also, try to stick to JSB Exact or Air Arms Field round nose pellets. As an alternative H&N FTT are also good. I generally consider 10mm at 30m acceptable grouping. Much wider and there is room for improvement.

MB
    I wonder if those springers should be made less powerful? Re: accuracy.

As josan said , its all in the hold. Look into the artillery hold , google it and practice it.
    I had a cometa fusion .22 , it was lethal on rabbits and hares once i had the hold sorted. To be honest i wish i didnt sell it but thats life.

Also once you find which pellets the gun likes , you will be away laughing . mine loved JBS heavys . They packed a punch and dropped the rabbits hard.
    mimms2 likes this.
    Patience Is A Virtue

Nice shooting! What pellets are you using?