Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: I don't think it heard us

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Rabbits with those sort of ears often have survived RCD. A farmer mate has seen it regularly.
    That's the one... I could not spell calesie calicie selisey whatever virus
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

RCD is easier to spell I shot one once with one long ear and the other was half. I'll have a hunt for the pic but don't hold ya breathe I got heaps of pest pics.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

P38
    I've seen lots of rabbits that have survived grass fires, seems lots of them have lost their ears as a result of them being burned.

This was especially the case in Glazebrooks paddocks next to the Roys Hill Dump back in the day.

Cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    I've seen lots of rabbits that have survived grass fires, seems lots of them have lost their ears as a result of them being burned.

This was especially the case in Glazebrooks paddocks next to the Roys Hill Dump back in the day.

Cheers
    Pete
    I have heard of fire survivors like this, but I also understand that the ears are prone o the cold. If it is a particulary cold spell (eirther really cold or prolonged cold) then the blood vessels in the ears stop working as the body tries to retain heat. If this happens for a long period the ears effectively freeze off. ( Frost bite in humans ?) I have never seen it myself but it was described to me previously. It was on the news a few years back as some numpty thought the rabbits were so short of food they had started eating their ears (cannibalisim) but alas the numpty was wrong. Investigation showed frostbite type causes were more likely.