Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: JW15A Magazine Feeding Issues

JW15A Magazine Feeding Issues

Had my JW15A for 15 years and was second hand when I got it. Been a great cheap rifle and shoots well. Although, it has had feeding issues from the day I got it. It can really ruin a shoot when I’m mucking around trying to get the rounds manually chambered or unjammed. Over time I have adjusted the feed lips numerous times then only for it to have issues again after a 2-3 hunts. I have made adjustments to the feed lips yet again but the rounds are not always feeding 100% of the time as they should. This is emphasised when I change the type of rounds I’m using.

I see there is a few replacement magazines online. Has anyone replaced theirs and found a particular one to permanently fix this issue? Might sound stupid, but otherwise could someone highlight a better way of fixing the lips? Very hard to get it in the perfect sweet spot in between the round feeding too high or too low. Cheers in advance.

Ive heard a brno mag is the cure. Owned a few jws but never long enough to get one sorted out
    Arced likes this.

go ahead replace it -for the time and energy youve expended ,a little cash outlay is an attractive option.
    Arced likes this.

I have spent way to long messing with old mags (particularly on them), I vowed never to do it again, just get a new mag and problem solved.
    Arced likes this.

Cheers fellas. I’m going to pull the pin and just get a new CZ magazine. Hell of a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by Arced View Post
    Cheers fellas. I’m going to pull the pin and just get a new CZ magazine. Hell of a lot easier
    It's the only way to go. Rifle good, mag shit.
    Arced likes this.

I ended up getting a brno mag for mine. The factory one was terrible for not lifting the 22 round. Had my JW for 22yrs.
    Arced likes this.

Banned
    I have not had issues with the original 5 rnd mag. Have owned my first JW15 since 1990 or so without issues , and a few others in between - but some of the 9 round aftermarket ones can be difficult.

As others say - buy a CZ mag and the problem should go away.
    Arced likes this.

the plastic bruno ones are oh so much easier to use.
    Arced likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

CZ 5 or 10 shot mag, costs a little. I changed I don't recall ever having feeding issues again in my JW again.
    Arced likes this.

Yeh I have both 5 and 10 shot Brno mags for my old jw15 , those mags that come with rifle are throw always alright, new mags never a feed problem again.
    Arced likes this.

I have the same issue with the boys jw15 not feeding, however the same mags in my jw25 k98 replica feeds fine.
    Will have a play with them both and see what's going on. But yea apparently the cz mags are the fix for the jw15
    Arced likes this.
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

Which of the cz mags fit? I'd like to get a 10 rounder if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    Which of the cz mags fit? I'd like to get a 10 rounder if I can.
    Hey mate. I picked up one of these for $70 from GC. Haven’t fed many rounds through it, only about 100 but haven’t had a single issue as of yet. Seems to work perfect. Sorry it’s only a 5 shot. I believe there is a few similar ones which all fit the same 452/455/457/512 and jw15 / jw27.

Micky Duck likes this.

Banned
    The ten round mag - any ten round mag - makes for awful carrying. They stick down right where you want to hold the rifle.

Better to have two fives , in my humble opinion , but each to their own.
    Arced likes this.