Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Last nights efforts

Man that is a haul!

Do you have to skin and gut the rabbits or take them in whole? That is a lot of work.
    Last edited by Dundee; 28-10-2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: added question
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Shit makes my 18 a bit sick! Like a bash at those fox! Only seen them in London
    You would be in deep do dos if you start shooting those ones in London Maca. They are someone`s pets
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    You would be in deep do dos if you start shooting those ones in London Maca. They are someone`s pets
    Our daughter bought an old Fox fur jacket two summers ago in Tairua for $45.00.... in excellent condition, labelled from a London maker, fully lined etc.
    She wears it sparingly in London for special social occasions, and was a bit cautious at first with all the 'anti fur ' stuff in mind.
    She's only ever had positive comments and been offered serious £ for it...... so I guess the lunatics haven't taken over the asylum yet.

And she's seen them regularly at night in town, she's close to the old Crystal Palace Common which has a few in residence.

B

A stones throw from my old stomping ground.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Man that is a haul!

Do you have to skin and gut the rabbits or take them in whole? That is a lot of work.

I just have to take the guts out from liver to pelvis, piss bag and of course the nuts out of the bucks, then pair them up so they are close to the same size in each pair. I do work in the processing plant here in town on Mondays and sometime Tuesdays, Ill see if I can dig up some photos and put them up for ya
    Dundee likes this.

have you got a photo of that 20-222 handy?
    Im thinking something of making something with a m85 as a base too

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    have you got a photo of that 20-222 handy?
    Im thinking something of making something with a m85 as a base too
    Yep, Boyds stock, Pacnor Super Match grade 1-11 twist, 24 inches long, .600 at the muzzle, Ziess Conquest 4.5-14x50 side focus

Name:  003 (6) (Medium).JPG
Views: 185
Size:  195.4 KB

Shoots pretty well with Nosler 32gn BT, 21.6gn ar2207, rem 7 1/2 primers in Lapua Match grade 222 brass necked down.

Name:  7 jul 13 20 222 011 (Small) (Medium).JPG
Views: 144
Size:  34.4 KB

I have since dropped the load down to 21.0, shoots just as good, there are 5 in that little hole. Another one for the wallet. I tried 39gn Sierra, they shot nearly as good with 5 shots going into 3.8th inch, but I decided to keep on with the 32gn bullets as they shoot flatter and faster out to 250 mts or so. 32gn Hornady Zmax shoot to the same poi, and they are even cheaper than the noslers at 88 bucks for 500. Everyone over here seems to be going mad on the Sierra 39 gners, I have seen prices around 50 bucks a hundred, if you can get them. I have another 1000 Zmax on order, that should just about last this barrel out.
    veitnamcam, Toby and 308 like this.

Haha that's pretty cool funny that all of thats left is the action
    It's a total want not need at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Haha that's pretty cool funny that all of thats left is the action
    It's a total want not need at this stage

Yeah, its funny how things work out like that. The rifle I started with was one of the older M85s that came out in the 80s, very plain shitty factory plastic stock, the barrel was totally rooted, it had been one of those farm guns that sat behind the ute seat and was never looked after. Chunks gouged out of the stock, half rusty, really the only bit that was any good was the action, it was a perfect candidate for a custom job. For a hundred bucks I couldn't pass it up. I have a newer 223 that is earmarked for a 17/222 in the next couple of weeks, as well as a 7.62x39 which will become a 22PPC in a month or so. You might get the impression that I like these actions, you are right.
    Bill999 likes this.