Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Possum Fur Buyers and Prices

I really need to start trying to find properties for possum and rabbit shooting even thought it is hard to get onto farms these days because of idiots that fuck things up for others.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    I really need to start trying to find properties for possum and rabbit shooting even thought it is hard to get onto farms these days because of idiots that fuck things up for others.
    The bloody councils have fucked it around here with bait stations on every property.
    rewa likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    The bloody councils have fucked it around here with bait stations on every property.
    Poisoned Paradise, leads to a silent spring.

Hi guys i am looking for someone in the otago area with a possum plucked I have about 30 possum in the freezer that I got in the timmeys trade around town but you can't pluck them when they are cold very easy

Quentin

Hey does anyone have current pricing for Auckland? Serious Shooters are only offering $70 a kg. Cheers

Here are the agents from Basically bush,give the one closest to your area a ring.

Possum Fibre Purchasing Agents for Possum Hunters - Basically Bush Possum Hunters
    Ranal likes this.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Cheers will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranal View Post
    Hey does anyone have current pricing for Auckland? Serious Shooters are only offering $70 a kg. Cheers
    Serious shooter were paying $115 a few weeks ago but dropped their price to $105. The trouble with S S is the unreliability and lack continuity of purchasing, one week they're buying the next they have run out of cheques or have stopped buying, the upside is they pay cash on the spot.
    Not Auckland but Whangarei, I sold some fur last week and am selling more tomorrow to Scott Candy the Basically Bush agent for Northland at $120. He has also told me I can courier fur up to him and he can either direct credit the money or he can send a cheque.
    The big upside of Basically Bush is that they pretty much buy all year.
    Again not Auckland but close, Dawsons Furs have an agent in Thames, (Malcolm) who is rather handy to Akl and his availability is good. A few weeks ago was paying $115

Quote Originally Posted by benjic007 View Post
    Serious shooter were paying $115 a few weeks ago but dropped their price to $105. The trouble with S S is the unreliability and lack continuity of purchasing, one week they're buying the next they have run out of cheques or have stopped buying, the upside is they pay cash on the spot.
    Not Auckland but Whangarei, I sold some fur last week and am selling more tomorrow to Scott Candy the Basically Bush agent for Northland at $120. He has also told me I can courier fur up to him and he can either direct credit the money or he can send a cheque.
    The big upside of Basically Bush is that they pretty much buy all year.
    Again not Auckland but close, Dawsons Furs have an agent in Thames, (Malcolm) who is rather handy to Akl and his availability is good. A few weeks ago was paying $115
    Nice, I just sold a kilo to SS at $105, not bad. If I have a real bonanza I might send it north but for small quantities SS makes sense as a courier is going to eat into the $15 difference.

BB $125 k
    Dundee and Sarvo like this.

Yep got an email today from basically bush.

Hi All
    Its been a while since I last did an update ,thought it was about time
    The market has been very steady this season so far .Domestic demand for fibre has been strong, on the back of an anticipated increasse in tourist numbers,but also the tourist season becoming more extended with a significant number comming during the winter months. We have seen this to some extent through our factory shop.
    Prices for fur and skins have been strong this season and all of you that supply fur to Basically Bush will be pleased to know that as of today the fur price has risen to $125/kg for all types . We anticipate that this price will hold for this month and maybe beyond which can only be good news for the hunter. As for the comming months we expect that prices will remain strong but expect to see a drop in late November early December when we expect demand to ease.
    I see that there has been a lot of activity in the 1080 space recently. we are constantly beintg told that the only way to get on top of pests is to spread toxins over vast areas of the country,and that the end justifies the means. At a conferance recently one of the presenters from the science community reiterated what I already knew ,that is that there is nothing in the pest control tool box at present that has any chance whatsoever of acheiving the 2050 predator free goal (this includes all the toxins that are used) All hopes of acheivng the 2050 goal hinge on the breakthrough science (whatever that means) that will happen around 2025 (this was confirmed in OIA documents reacently aquired). It was also stated that all efforts at present are simply to hold the line untill new tools become available. So it is somewhat ironic that in the possum space there is an industry that could equally hold the line in most cases as effectively as what we are being told at preasent is the only option. I recently did some stats and assesment of how may possums are utilized in the fur industry at present , and it is about one point five million per annum . If this industry was supported and encouraged at a policy level (read central govt) then this industry could equally hold the line so to speak over large areas of NZ . this industry could potentially use at million more than what is being taken at present .All that is required is a bit of lateral thinking, unfortunately this ability is sadly lacking in a lot of our elected officials when it comes to new policy.
    Just my thoughts
    Best regards to all our loyal suppliers and supporters
    Pengy, bigbear and rewa like this.
    CFD

Once the weather clears again i be old there to give it another crack. Willows are getting more and more leaf cover by the day.
    BeeMan likes this.

DD it would have to be genetics,split the dna insert a bit of chaos put back together then let it run its course.Whatever they do they would have to protect the aussie stock.

But the govt says we must be GM free, so hows that going to work then.

Maybe someone in DOC has a fat bank-acc...they have been driving this poisoning for years (from the Top) many of their own ,are opposed. Such a wasted business-opportunity, on so many fronts... I've shot 1..!! in the last few years where I am. The Council even went on my property and put up a bait-station without informing me..WTF !...not impressed