Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Trout
  • 3 Post By Tahr
  • 1 Post By Trout

Thread: Roos down last evening.

Roos down last evening.

Just checking out the 308 last nigth with the vixon scope 3x12.Shot 3 roos at 300yds to 360yds.All went quiet for 10 minuts.Then 1 bigy roo showered his size at 425yds up hill from me,so dialed him up to 6.5 moa,aimed on the high sholder of him being up hill,quietly squeezed off the trigger,bang flop,bloody good shot i thort.2 minuts later another roo showed himself further up the hill again at 470 so il dialled up 8 moa,being up hill i went one more clk than my chart said.Just squeezed off the trigger as he watched me for the last time.He dropped on the spot.That was the last of my good deer ammo on me,so i used some fmg147 gr on a few rabbits out to 250yds.Getting dark by then so time to get home.
    The wee vixon dials perfectly for me.Most game i shoot are not much further than 250yds-300yds.Its good to practice now and then tho.Sorry no pics of roos.
    Tahr, Brian, Dreamer and 6 others like this.

Awesome!

Nice. You are a damned good shot Mr Trout.

Hey if you are shooting up hill, to compensate for that you would usually click down, not up, eh. Rifles shoot higher as the angle increases, both up and down.

Anyway, one click at 400 yards is only an inch and with your deadly shooting that wouldn't make much difference.

i thort gravity increases as the angle increases.Hmmm??? something to learn i guess. ok.The angle would be about 30 degrees.This will get some comments.

The vixon scope has a 20 moa rail under it giving me about 49 moa =1267 yds.But that further than i can see and the 150sst doesnt have much puff left in it,about 384ft/lbs pufpuf.

Bos
    Heard good things about those Vixens - with a name like that they've got to be good
    Mates got one on his .243 and shoots bloody well with it

@Trout, just read this in an old magazine just the other day. Issue no 3 NZ Hunter
    Name:  20201129_115823.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  4.00 MB

Thanks CharlieHorse,interesting info.Hmmmm theres always something to learn everyday ah.Im sure theres a few other guys pick up on this too around here.Cheers n Beers
    charliehorse likes this.