Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rotorua Lakes District Wallabies

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Don't bother looking around the native in Rotoehu Forest as it has been poisoned again ( aerial 1080)on the 16 /10/20 .There used to be plenty in the native but I think they will be thin on the ground now after two drops in the last several years. Was up there today found pellets on the ground.
    Bugger, I was going to have a look in there.

Yes didnt even now it was coming up. I know they regularly treat the Blue Wattle Crow area using 1080 in bait stations but on the map on Rotoehu Rd the whole area has been done by air. Can't have been much in the way of small pests other than rats which is most likely the reason they did it now as the young kokako would be at risk. I was going to take me little dog for a stroll soon but that's out now for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Yes didnt even now it was coming up. I know they regularly treat the Blue Wattle Crow area using 1080 in bait stations but on the map on Rotoehu Rd the whole area has been done by air. Can't have been much in the way of small pests other than rats which is most likely the reason they did it now as the young kokako would be at risk. I was going to take me little dog for a stroll soon but that's out now for a while.
    Bugger, looks like next walks going to have to be western or eastern Okataina or the Mamaku's.

Second that from 40 years ago, Okataina, small buggers extremely fast. Day time they they were impossible bush was quite thick. Spot lighting worked well.
    Last edited by flock; 31-10-2020 at 10:30 PM.

I did it a few decades back,had to be a member of NZDA to obtain a .22lr permit back then.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Thanks for all the good feed back cheers

Got several with my son right around dusk and under headlamp at okataina. Quite small but tasted great in a curry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Game for any Game

Okataina area closed for hunting from now until Feb as tourist season about to kick off. Don’t leave your car overnight at end of Millars road. Paddy the farmer opposite that little car park won’t tolerate ‘transgressors’ so know your boundaries. You can also rent a hut up the back of Wilkes(?) farm roughly opposite the Rotorua airport, but will need 4wd to access it and when I enquired, they were charging $90 pp per night. Gulp. The Eastern Okataina walkway, esp down near the saddle over to Lake Tarawera holds a few, as does the track from saddle right through to Tarawera outlet. Biggest hassle is being there when walkers/cyclists are not.