Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Spotlighting tips and tricks

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i have to repair them, the "night sabre" comes in multiple models all of which have a different output and colour temperature. which one do you have ? a i have a few spare "heads" if its a colour temperature issue
    Fukn spell check I'm impressed with it for the weight not sure what one it is hand held with lithium battery to pick it up it doesn't even feel like there's a battery in it

I went with a Maxtoch 2X with a new driver board so I can use 7V - 20V input. Gives me 4 modes instead of the maxtoch 3 mode driver. Additional mode is moonlight mode, which is enough to read my watch, reload a magazine etc. I also wired it up so it uses a LiPo 16000MaH battery for a whole week of light without a recharge.
    It's rifle mounted, with the battery in my backpack.
    The additional range of the 2X is used to ensure a clear firing zone - I hunt around orchards, and some of the neighbors have stock.
    Never tried it from a vehicle, but it's been a rock solid performer for shooting rabbits and hares for the last few years. Previous to that I was using a 150mm 35W HID, which in comparison was rubbish. It was heavy, hummed, got hot, chewed battery, and the colour was too white.
    mudgripz, gadgetman and kukuwai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    I use one of the big light force ones for off a vehicle light looks a bit yellow but it out throws my led stuff don't run it off the cig lighter put heavy alligator clips on it and go straight off the battery also just got a cordless night sabre and unimpressed with that as well
    It pays to put something on the clips or the inside of the bonnet to act as insulation though as I know a few people who have had some interesting times to say the least when the clips weld themslves to the bonnet.
    northdude, planenutz and kukuwai like this.
    If there is lead in the air there is hope

if its just possums there are a few rechargeable ones out with a pretty decent output and 3-4 hour run time under a hundy. nice little lights too.
    Night sabre do one but would have to go look at the box in the shed to check output.

Anybody done a switch upgrade to a lightforce spotlight.

Name:  IMG_0282.PNG
Views: 559
Size:  160.5 KB
    Get some of this to add to your frame to rest your rifles on comes with a half cut seam just cable tie in place works a treat.
    kukuwai likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.