Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Tell 'em they're dreaming . . . Govt announces new policy, predator free by 2050

Rats...googled this...

Brown rats live in large, hierarchical groups, either in burrows or subsurface places, such as sewers and cellars. When food is in short supply, the rats lower in social order are the first to die. If a large fraction of a rat population is exterminated, the remaining rats will increase their reproductive rate, and quickly restore the old population level

soooooooo....
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Ejected
    doc researched it with landcare research using 1080 EBs, seems they go well above pre-poison levels within 12-18 months.

Her eis a thought,

They found a few foreign Fruit flies in Auckland a few years back....How much did they spend to remove these pests from becoming established? They were in a small area, and in numbers that if they were natives would be condsidered extremely endangered. That level of effort across the whole country will destroy us.

I am not saying they did the wrong thing there, quite the opposite, it was something we definitely do not want here and they were right to pursue that course of action. But do they realise, that was like a teenager saying "I changed a light bulb in my car, that means I am ready to do a full strip down and restoration on it. Should be ready by the weekend...."

I like the idea they want to try, I like the idea that they want to do more to eradicate and control pests, but they are attempting something they cannot ever even hope to succeed at.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    doc researched it with landcare research using 1080 EBs, seems they go well above pre-poison levels within 12-18 months.
    ye gods...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Which is perfect really as you have to re apply 1-2 years later due to a rat explosion due to a "beach seeding mast"
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

listen the whole things easily solvable just get murray[bribe ,em] mcully involved.
    within a week or 3 the preds will be toastin thier arses in a saudi desert predator hub where not one will survive.
    and for 4 million quid plus we can also artificislly boost air nz,s profit line by bookin the stoats and weasels the sheep seat s
    [dammit i mean cheap seats]
    the pred weasels and stoats i mean not murray and the big red dumb.
    WHATS ARABIC FOR THANK YOU MR FERRET FOR YOUR KIND GIFTS OF WEASELS AND STOATS and cash shhh.
    by the way effendi we,l find someone else to sell us live sheep with even less scruples and even less positive cash flow [i know you should laugh]
    also your saudi trade deals got as much chance as the tpp and cost as much to.
    so salaam salaam and fuck you very much
    Steve123 likes this.

Banned
    You guys don't understand middle management speak. They don't actually mean predator free, they just mean they will have pest controls programs in place that will cost the full amount of money they have budgeted for. There is no way they would tie their jobs to actual results. That would be suicide.

But I will observe that it is good practice to make dramatic claims that will come to fruition after most of the people involved are either dead or retired.

Yep. Bureaucracies' prime function is self perpetuation. In DoC's and TBFree 's cases the rat rebreeding capacity is a business model. Fleecing the taxpayer is the incidental consequence and this income secured by statute legislation based on bullshit.
    tetawa, blake and Steve123 like this.

Hello @Woody Happy New Year!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Hello @Woody Happy New Year!
    +1

Yep; but I;ll be a damned sight happier when the green rain is stopped for ever.
    blake and Steve123 like this.